Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta 35-70 3.5 macro - back focus adjustment?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:48 pm    Post subject: Minolta 35-70 3.5 macro - back focus adjustment? Reply with quote

Hi all! Don't know the correct word for it, but in my video days we performed backfocus adjustment on many lenses when the focus wasn't consistent through the zoom range. I have the same problem with my 35-70 but have no clue on how to make adjustments. I have tried to shim the SR-EOSM adapter but it seems only to have effect on the infinity focus. Any ideas or input?

Cheers.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Focus on cine/video zoom lenses must be consistant through the range because the zoom may be used while filming. This is a parfocal lens.

On still cameras old zooms were not designed for film work so may change focus. The non parfocal lenses are called varifocal. Zoom lenses were available in both types, it was the manufacturers decision. Varifocal was cheaper and allowed greater flexibility i.e macro and wider apertures. And in your case, macro and a consistent aperture of f3.5

Perhaps parfocal lenses could be tweaked, but I doubt that varifocals could be simply due to the optical formula.

You dont really zoom while videoing do you? Surprised Shocked

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! The Minolta 35-70 3.5 should be parfocal to my knowledge. I would like like to zoom in set focus and back out like i'm used to, but maybe it isn't possible with this lens. After i adjusted the length on the adapter I have infinity focus correct on 70mm but not on 35mm.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did another try with shimming the adapter and it seems like my first try was not so good. Now I have constant focus even though I lost infinity on some of my other lenses...

Cheers!