Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

MINOLTA 1.7/50mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:59 pm    Post subject: MINOLTA 1.7/50mm Reply with quote

I know little of this lens. There seem to be many versions: http://minolta.rokkor.de/normallenses.htm#50mm%201.7
Most collectible model? Best in optical terms?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolta made tons of every iterations, so they are not exactly collectible. I've used all of them and thought them to be loveable little lenses. Early models look prettier but often have oily blades, later MD lenses feel a bit plasticky but have better coatings. All in all, I feel copy to copy variation is more important than a particular flavor you go with.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've the MD Rokkor version, isn't collectable at all, but can take really got shots Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Rokkor PF 50 1.7 is a very good lens, but I use the Rokkor 50 1.4 more, for the only reason that it's a bit faster. They are both excellent lenses.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
My Rokkor PF 50 1.7 is a very good lens, but I use the Rokkor 50 1.4 more, for the only reason that it's a bit faster. They are both excellent lenses.

+1 Smile

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for clarifying the matter.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DigiChromeEd wrote:
Lloydy wrote:

+1 Smile

Me too.