Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Micro Nikkor 2.8/55mm AIS
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:34 am    Post subject: Micro Nikkor 2.8/55mm AIS Reply with quote

This is definitely the sharpest lens that I own. It's fantastic.

I really should get it out more.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes,get out more and get some more shots like the last one. Well done

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Detail in that last image is to die for.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, the last one is great!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1!
But I like the second too.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All are stunning! Congrats!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last one is gret.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments. I wish I could say it was my great technique that produced that image, but I really don't know why it came out like that! I wish I could reproduce that result!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's just a matter of light... not saying that the photographer doesn't count Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this lens and it is one of my favorite to use.
Very sharp and excellent contrast and colors. To be perfect it needed go to 1:1 of magnification.

Here are a couple of abstract/texture shots with it:
1-

2-

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing shots Gaeger!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edited

Last edited by bernhardas on Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took the 55mm out snowshoeing in very flat light on Sunday and exposed for the people. I found the effect interesting -- very little detail in the snow.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are wonderful lenses. It amazes me that many people think micro or macro lenses are only good for close up images. While they are designed to take such photos, you can also get superb results when using them as normal lenses, as this thread shows.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love my 55mm Micro! The sharpness of this lens never disappoints. This is a Spiny Murex shell from the island Saipan (where I was born, about 50 miles south of Guam) in a light tent, this time illuminated only from above. The shell appears large in the image but is in all actually less than 5" long. It is very rare to find a Murex in this pristine a condition, it is a treasured item! The shell was placed on a piece of glass to add the reflection

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last weekend i received my 55/2.8 micro ais and tested it on my kids. There is also one in the Bokeh thread.

Amazing lens. Im gonna test the macro too and looking for the PK-13 extension tube for 1:1 macro. Im waiting for the f/3.5 version too.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another great lens!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I now have two of these. One is completely beat up -- just right to take hiking. This is in a meadow in the Wild Sky Wilderness in Washington state with a Nikon D5200.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been searching for a good copy at a good price for ages and finally found one.
Definitely a great lens!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I replaced my venerable old 55mm f/3.5 Micro-Nikkor with the AIs f/2.8 model a few years ago. At the time, that 55/3.5 was one of the two sharpest lenses I own (the other being a Tamron 90mm macro). But one quick comparison shot between the two made a believer out of me. I wouldn't have thought it was possible if someone said they had a lens sharper than my 55/3.5 unless they showed me. Well, the 55/2.8 showed me. It is one incredible optic. I don't own a 100mm or 105mm Nikon macro lens, but I do own a 200mm f/4 AIs Nikon macro, and it isn't anywhere near as sharp, which is too bad, really.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote