Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mickey mouse scanner
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:08 am    Post subject: Mickey mouse scanner Reply with quote

Hi
I saw today on the internet more mickey mouse film scanners that have their resolution increased. For example this scanner
http://www.pearl.de/a-PX8299-1301.shtml?query=scanner

has a a 14mpixels resolution. I just wonder if these are any better than the typical 5mpixels scanners.

Regards
Alex

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that would be a Mighty Mouse scanner then Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you described it pretty well... perhaps still a scanner outperforms it..

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My step son brags his tiny 13Mp point & shoot camera has more megapixels than my humongous Canon 5D I at 12Mp. (He also brags about 12X zoom Laughing)

What is the pixel size on these scanners? Bigger pixels are better!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
My step son brags his tiny 13Mp point & shoot camera has more megapixels than my humongous Canon 5D I at 12Mp. (He also brags about 12X zoom Laughing)

You both take the same photo and compare. That will shut him up.

Re the scanner. Ignore the word 'professional' that is just marketing hyperbole. It could be better, but at the price you are getting into flatbed territory, while not as good as a 'proper' neg scanner it ought to do the job better.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aaaaaahm, let say it this way:

The offerer of this item ist not reputated as a highest quality items seller, veeeeeeeery carefully said so. Rolling Eyes

do You understand, what I mean?

looking for cheap giimcks? loof at the offerer. Very Happy