Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mflenses Helsinki 18.5. Spring party / Kevtjuhla / Vrjippo
View previous topic :: View next topic  


PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
If we have too much time in the afternoon we can sit a while a Punavuoren Ahven maybe, it is right around the corner of Vilhelm's place if I got it right?


Yes, Punavuoren Ahven is one block or about 120 meters uphill from my studio, same street (Albertinkatu).


PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Punavuoren Ahven is good beer restaurant near Vilhelm's studio and If we meet at noon, we have plenty time for all kinds at that day.. If it's nice weather, Suomenlinna is nice place to spend some time together (and propably also there is going to be some 'pop up' restaurants). If we are very lucky, girls from my house have also their 'restaurant' open once again. Have to ask when I see one of them.

Snapshot about their 'pop up' restaurant at Mariankatu from my window about two years ago..


PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can start at your place about noon, gather there in some time frame, and then decide where to go next. And later in the afternoon contact Vilhelm.

(believe or not I just wrote contaxt above, this context just does it Very Happy)


PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updates:

There's no 'street Pop Up restaurant' at my house at 18.5. (the girls are too busy with all the other things at the moment) Crying or Very sad
Anyway we have lot of others 'Pop Up's to choose then at the center of Helsinki Laughing Laughing
=> Map: http://www.restaurantday.org/en/find/?near=Kruununhaka%2C+Helsinki%2C+Finland
Seems that at Suomenlinna there's only two => http://www.restaurantday.org/en/find/?near=Suomenlinna%2C+Helsinki%2C+Finland
(Source for those maps: http://www.restaurantday.org/en/ )

If we meet at my place I can offer coffee and something for the start before we go ahead. I suggest that we could meet about at 1pm (we have long day then together even before we meet Wilhelm at 5pm). Your opinions?

I'll send later with PM my address to you all who have told their participation to our meeting in this thread.

Hemmo


PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's also a zombie walk in Helsinki on the 18. apparently, https://www.facebook.com/zombiewalkhelsinki


PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 pm is fine by me.

hemmo wrote:
I'll send later with PM my address to you all who have told their participation to our meeting in this thread.


Ok, but I was going to suggest a nearby meeting place, Senaatintori perhaps, where you could fetch us and lead to your place.


PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 pm is also fine with me. Looks like the day will offer plenty of opportunities for street shooting. Not that I am very good at it!

Have everyone decided which lenses are they going to bring?


PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gurdie wrote:
1 pm is fine by me.

hemmo wrote:
I'll send later with PM my address to you all who have told their participation to our meeting in this thread.


Ok, but I was going to suggest a nearby meeting place, Senaatintori perhaps, where you could fetch us and lead to your place.


Ok. Let's meet at Kauppatori ferry terminal (beside the president's castle) and let's look at there where to go from there first.
If you want to see one very compact and small home studio and how to build that kind, we can shortly visit at my place at Mariankatu,
or go straight to Suomenlinna with ferry, or to the Pop Up restaurants, or to zombie walk, or.. .. Very Happy


PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds a good plan.

13:00 around Kauppatori ferry terminal.

So it is now an open meeting, no pre-reservation needed.


PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhargav wrote:
1 pm is also fine with me. Looks like the day will offer plenty of opportunities for street shooting. Not that I am very good at it!

Have everyone decided which lenses are they going to bring?


Fine!

You all can see my lenses at my signature. If you want try some my lenses at saturday, take suitable adapters for your camera with you (M42 / C/Y / Exacta).
If you have Exacta camera or adapter, I've one very unique (Meyer prototype!!) 'Meyer Gorlitz Primoplan 1.5/58' (Exacta) to your tests.
I'm going to put it on sale at here MFL-forums soon, so this is a chance for your tests with it before I have to let it go.Confused

My problem is going to be which camera(s) to choose. I accidentaly dropped my favourite Yashica Mat to the street last week and it broke to pieces. Shocked Evil or Very Mad Embarassed


PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like cloudy and fresh. Hope it stops raining before 13:00.

http://ilmatieteenlaitos.fi/saa/helsinki

Plus side: no thousand drunken kid there.


PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fortunately the studio is rainfree & teenfree Laughing

I will bring some red wine and arrive at the studio 17:00, then I have to leave the studio at 21:00 so we have 4 (four) hours to try out lenses in studio light. I will focus on assisting you with lighting setup, to facilitate photographer's work. Studio lighting is independent of what camera you have, I can trigger flash wirelessly or with cable on nearly any camera body you bring (even 1930s Zeiss Ikontas).

If anyone needs my mobile number just PM me


PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hemmo wrote:
bhargav wrote:
1 pm is also fine with me. Looks like the day will offer plenty of opportunities for street shooting. Not that I am very good at it!

Have everyone decided which lenses are they going to bring?


Fine!

You all can see my lenses at my signature. If you want try some my lenses at saturday, take suitable adapters for your camera with you (M42 / C/Y / Exacta).
If you have Exacta camera or adapter, I've one very unique (Meyer prototype!!) 'Meyer Gorlitz Primoplan 1.5/58' (Exacta) to your tests.
I'm going to put it on sale at here MFL-forums soon, so this is a chance for your tests with it before I have to let it go.Confused

My problem is going to be which camera(s) to choose. I accidentaly dropped my favourite Yashica Mat to the street last week and it broke to pieces. Shocked Evil or Very Mad Embarassed


Great, I will bring my exakta adapter. I will also bring a Quinon 55/1.9 and Septon 50/2, so you can bring a dkl and M42 adapter if you have, else I have my NEX dkl adapter. In others I will bring my Serital 1" with the EP2. Rest I haven't yet decided!


PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, I'm kindof envious! When I did try something like this here, it miserably failed. Sad
I'm sure you'll have better luck. Don't forget to keep posting updates with pictures! Smile


PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Hey guys, I'm kindof envious! When I did try something like this here, it miserably failed. Sad
I'm sure you'll have better luck. Don't forget to keep posting updates with pictures! Smile


Orio,

Will most certainly try! As usual, the weather which has been sunny most part of last two weeks decides to be cloudy today! Ok I'm now leaving!


PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I look forward to seeing your "photographic results" from this meeting!


PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here some really quick shots. The others most definitely have far better ones, and Vilhelm has a studio shot of 6 of us.

Many thanks to all of you for turning up today. It was really great meeting you and hope we can do another one some day. Also, thanks to Vilhelm for hosting us and the wine!


#1

#2

#3

#4

#5

#6

#7

#8

#9

#10

#11

#12


PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see you together! Looks like you had an interesting day Smile


PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You had a nice time there Wink A pity you were so far from here.
What's that nice cam on #6?


PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesito wrote:

What's that nice cam on #6?


My guess is it's a pinhole cam.


PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Jesito wrote:

What's that nice cam on #6?


My guess is it's a pinhole cam.


Yes. That's Hemmo's new pinhole camera.


PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhargav wrote:
Here some really quick shots. The others most definitely have far better ones, and Vilhelm has a studio shot of 6 of us.

Many thanks to all of you for turning up today. It was really great meeting you and hope we can do another one some day. Also, thanks to Vilhelm for hosting us and the wine!


Yes, many thanks to you all for this our nice meeting and let's arrange an other one some day! Very Happy
Thanks for these pics Bhargav. I think that you've captured very well at that #7 the nice feeling we had together there. Very Happy


PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhargav wrote:
Orio wrote:
Jesito wrote:

What's that nice cam on #6?


My guess is it's a pinhole cam.


Yes. That's Hemmo's new pinhole camera.


Yes, it's my Vermeer 66 pinhole / zone plate camera.
Some my previous sample pics with that camera at this thread: http://forum.mflenses.com/vermeer-66-fomapan100-and-200-t57710.html


PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more Suomenlinna shots.

#1 (not a member)


#2


#3 (just to show that it really is a sea fortress)


#4


#5 (supposed to be "act just naturally" and this is the result)


PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice meeting, waiting for more pics !