Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

MFL samples web page, please feed back
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject: MFL samples web page, please feed back Reply with quote

While working on the photo samples for Laurence for his photo club reunion, I thought that it would be a good idea to make a web page that offers samples of what manual focus lenses can do even today, as this is the main question/criticism/argument that we often have to address.

So I am making an examples page. I am not finished yet, and it will be one of those pages that are never finished, for its own nature.
But I would like if you could take a look and let me know if and how you like the idea.

Here's it - at the very beginning for now:

www.orio.ws/temp/MFL_examples/index.html

one thing I would like to have, is a javascript that opens a popup window instead of a new browser window, but for the moment this will have to do.
-

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio, that is a nice idea and your page and explanations are well done !

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Flor.
I have just added several other samples, you'll see them by refreshing the browser cache.

Laurence I will prepare for you a zip tomorrow morning (my time).

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio

Those are beyond impressive - a photographer would have to be literally blind to miss the quality of those shots. I have two of the lenses coming to me and cannot wait. I shall also see if there is some way I can afford the Distagons ( what stellar lenses they are). In all the forums I have taken part no-one has beaten those for quality, and I include some pros I regard highly with multi thousand dollar lenses. And what is even more amazing is how close to these "exemplars" so many of the manual / old lenses displayed on this forum get.

When one applies the quality/price ratio of course the results are beyond amazing - I have seen results from $10 lenses here that rival anything I have seen from the multi thousand dollar modern AF/IS/VR/etc lenses offered by todays champions of marketing. A pat on the back for - you, the old manufacturers, the members of this forum and lovers of "good" photography everywhere.

patrickh

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Patrick, I am happy you liked it Smile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work - it'll definitely persuade those with an open mind.

Needs a few more Nikkors though Wink

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard_D wrote:
Great work - it'll definitely persuade those with an open mind.
Needs a few more Nikkors though Wink

Yes, but I need to make a couple of good Nikkor shooting sessions first. The pictures that I have found in my archive (not that I have searched it all, to be honest), for one reason or another (bad focusing, bad lighting, bad subject) just don't hold the comparison well with what I have put on so far. For that I'll have to wait for some decent weather. Today, I metered the light on my hand out on the balcony, in full daylight, and it gives me a value of 1/60th at f/2.8 for 100 ISO. This should give you the idea of how crappy is the weather here today. Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work, Orio! I'm impressed by your site. It's helpful for lens buyers and also it's a nice photo-gallery Smile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is possible to host these great pictures on the MFLenses site with Attila's pics? A picture of each lens would be a valuable resource for indentification too.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
Is possible to host these great pictures on the MFLenses site with Attila's pics? A picture of each lens would be a valuable resource for indentification too.

Some of these pictures are already on Attila's site.
This page was thought as part of my future site, but if Attila wants to include it in his own site it's totally ok with me. Attila will decide.
-