Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

MFL Meeting in Italy: Day 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iha wrote:
I am very interesting in "3D effects". I will receive a CZ 28/2.8 in next week. Here on my shelf there is one CZ 50/1.7, one Yashica 50/1.4 (You known something about this lens?)

Yes, if it's this one:
Click here to see on Ebay
then it is the ML version and it's reputed to be a very good lens.
The Yashica ML series of lenses was manufactured by Kyocera in the same time frame when they also produced the Zeiss lenses for Contax. Several reports exist that the Yashica ML lenses perform in a similar way than the Contax lenses. I for instance can confirm that the Yashica 2.8/35mm performs almost identically as the Zeiss Contax 2.8/35mm. There are obvious differences in the build (Yashica lenses feel cheaper) and probably also in the quality of the glass used (Zeiss used the best glass of the time, Yashica probably something less expensive). But the photographic output should not be too distant.

If on the other hand, the lens you mention is this one:
then it's an older design which certainly has nothing to do with the Zeiss lenses. I don't know about the performance of these older Yashica lenses but they are generally regarded as inferior to the later ML lenses.

Quote:
so I am afraid to not have chance to use M42 lens more Sad
Smile

No problem you can always give them as a gift to the group, I am sure that we will be happy to cover the postage costs Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
I am curious about the other high value lenses that I have. Could you please give me the Kadlubek information for the Distagon 1.4/35, Planar 1.4/85 and Planar 2/135?

Sure!
Kadlubek prices are what you can expect to pay when you buy from a dealer.
FM price list tell you what you can expect to get when you sell to a dealer, this normally is a lot less.

(lens | Kadlubek | FotoMagazin price list)
Distagon 1.4/35 T* | € 503,- | € 550,- (!)
Distagon 1.4/35 T* MM | € 930,- |
Planar 1.4/85 T* | € 603,- | € 390,- (!)
Planar 1.4/85 T* MM | € 754,- |
Planar 2/135 | € 805,- | € 600,-

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:

Sure!
Kadlubek prices are what you can expect to pay when you buy from a dealer.
FM price list tell you what you can expect to get when you sell to a dealer, this normally is a lot less.

Thank you Carsten!
Very interesting. It seems I have always bought well and sometimes very well.
If I sold my Distagon 1.4/35 now at the current Ebay prices, I would earn from 200 to 350 Euros of pure income depending on how good I am as a seller.
If I could sell it at the best Kadlubek's price, I would earn more than 600 Euros.
That is something to think about...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but please remember that Kadlubek rather refers to common prices at camera fairs. Ebay mostly is cheaper, but you accept a bigger risk. (We've had this discussion, right?)
Anyway, I think you made good deals!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
iha wrote:
I am very interesting in "3D effects". I will receive a CZ 28/2.8 in next week. Here on my shelf there is one CZ 50/1.7, one Yashica 50/1.4 (You known something about this lens?)

Yes, if it's this one:

It is the same as mine. I found a lot of sites taking about Contax, Yashica lens. Thank to Google Translate because most of these sites are in Japanese Smile

Orio wrote:

If on the other hand, the lens you mention is this one:
then it's an older design which certainly has nothing to do with the Zeiss lenses. I don't know about the performance of these older Yashica lenses but they are generally regarded as inferior to the later ML lenses.

I read some reviews of C/Y Zeiss and Yashica lens in the opinion of MTF draws. Yashica lens may not be legendary enough.
Quote:
so I am afraid to not have chance to use M42 lens more Sad
Smile

Orio wrote:

No problem you can always give them as a gift to the group, I am sure that we will be happy to cover the postage costs Wink

Smile Why not?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio,
They are all great Smile . I really like the last in the series, you can see rain drops on the plants. A really great lens. Cool

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice photos. Remarkably Italy country side is much similar to Bulgarian country side.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be aware of that Yashinon-DS 1.4 ... that's a well-knows radioactive transmitter Rolling Eyes