Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

MFL for Oly OM 10 mk2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:49 am    Post subject: MFL for Oly OM 10 mk2 Reply with quote

Hello ,I am posting here after a long time
My main camera in the OM10mk2 for several years now , and I love it . Moved fom the Nex A5000 .
My lenses are Zuiko 25/1.8 , Zuiko 45/1.8 and the Leica Lumix 15/1.7 .I love them , they are working wonderfully and use them almost exclusively these last years.

But I have a bunch of MF lenses and some of them could be useful for short and medium tele , but can't decide to buy another set of converters because only some of them would be on par with the AF mft that I have

Wich do you think

Mir 24/2
Canon FDn 85/1.8 , FDn 50/1.8 ,FDn 70-200 FDn 50 macro FD SSC 28/2
Helios 58/2
Hexanon 50/1.7 , 24/2.8 , 40/1.8
Voigtlander 50/1.8 QBM Rollei
Minolta MD 28/2.8 ,Vivitar 70-150 MD ,
jupiter 50/2 in m39 and contax bayonett
Fujinon X 55/1.6 , 135/ 3,5

Probably I missed some , I'll add in several days if I find something could be interesting ( maybe )

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that's primarily a matter of taste and your shooting preferences.

Have a MFT camera as well as small outfit for travelling and hiking (Lumix GX80) but I'm using mainly small and light Lumix AF glass for that reason.

Out of your list IMHO most of the lenses don't make much sense for me as these lenses from 24 to 50mm are already covered by your native AF ones.

What I would recommend would be something on either the very short or the very long end. You already have good AF glass in the middle range.

However, it's a matter of taste and budget if you want to look for adapted or native AF glass.

I've got the 12-32mm Lumix pancake zoom for the wide part and the 45-200 and 100-300mm Lumix zooms for the tele side and can recommend all of them. Sometimes they can be found quite reasonable 2nd hand as well.

Maybe the Jupiter-11 for a low cost 135mm MF possibility or something in the 200mm range (e.g. Minolta MD 200/4). Nothing adapted on the short range comes to my mind which would really make sense.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree !
Are you happy with the 12-32 for the wide ? Having the 15mm /1.7 I posponed the aquisition os a wider lens , even if I feel the need . And the 9-18 is a bit pricey for what I am searching
I was thinking maybe about the FDn 85/1.8 ( I wouldn't invest in a 75 AF - not being a portrait shooter mainly)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teo wrote:
Agree !
Are you happy with the 12-32 for the wide ? Having the 15mm /1.7 I posponed the aquisition os a wider lens , even if I feel the need . And the 9-18 is a bit pricey for what I am searching
I was thinking maybe about the FDn 85/1.8 ( I wouldn't invest in a 75 AF - not being a portrait shooter mainly)

Yep, a very good compromise. On the other hand I have the CV 12/5.6 in M39 as well.....

That's equivalent to 24mm FOV on FF which I consider as wide enough. There are very rare circumstances where I really would need a wider lens. However, there's quite a big difference between your 15mm (30mm equivalent) and 12mm....

Indeed, a fast portrait lens in the range of 80 to 100mm would make sense as well. There are quite many, unfortunately not the cheapest kind of lenses.