Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyers hypothetical question
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Meyers hypothetical question Reply with quote

What would you hypothetically think was a good starting price of a set of these lenses, all together in same auction:

Lydith 30mm f/3.5
Oreston 50mm f/1.8
Domiplan 50mm f/2.8
Primotar 50mm f/3.5
Orestor 135mm f/2.8
Orestegor 200mm f/4

All in used but good condition. All glasses are fine to excellent. The only damaged one is the Oreston which has a dent on the filterthread. Except for that all work as expected and only some colour fadings/scratches on them.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

starting price?
It's not easy to tell.
I would be able to tell you an average FINAL price for a couple of them:

Lydith 30mm f/3.5 around 30 euros
Primotar 50mm f/3.5 around 25 euros

the above are average final prices for average condition lenses. Worst condition would be cheaper and -guess what?- better condition would be dearer, by some 10 Euros variation in both directions.

The others, I don't know. I am sure Attila knows.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
starting price?
It's not easy to tell.

the above are average final prices for average condition lenses. Worst condition would be cheaper and -guess what?- better condition would be dearer, by some 10 Euros variation in both directions.

Intresting. Cause 30 euros is what I paid for them all approximatly.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

then it looks like a very good bargain!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
then it looks like a very good bargain!

Well all of them came in packs with other lenses. When I calculated the price per lens, I discovered that per item the lenses I got is very cheap, no matter what brand I check. Wink All my lenses except for the S-M-C Takumar 300mm f/4 was all cheapos.

My initial plan was to collect Super Takumars, but all of the sudden I got more Meyers then Takumars/pentax lenses.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zewrak wrote:
Orio wrote:
starting price?
It's not easy to tell.

Intresting. Cause 30 euros is what I paid for them all approximatly.

Shocked

I paid 30e for my 200mm

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nelson wrote:

Shocked

I paid 30e for my 200mm

Mine came in this pack http://forum.mflenses.com/score-t7160.html which renders a low price per lens.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest I would not give much for any of them.
These lenses were the cheapest ever made.
I regular see all of them at car boot sales, charity shops etc.
I recently paid £3 for a Lydith Meyer-Optik Gorlitz f3.5 30mm and only bought it because it was with a Industar f3.5 50mm which I wanted for the novelty value. Also included was a Zenit camera £10 the lot but the guy accepted £6. I gave him the Zenit body back but he didn't want it either.
The Lydith is as I suspected a very poor lenswhich I shall never use. The Industar isn't too bad. if anybody wants to send me 30 euros for it I would feel like a crook.
The Domiplan was perhaps one of the worse 50mm lenses ever made.

Yes 10 Euros would be a fair price for the lot, but really I can't see the point of buying them

Please remember I am getting old. I know these lenses from when they were new and they were a joke then. I can't see what has changed.

Last edited by Rob Leslie on Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Leslie wrote:
I recently paid £3 for a Lydith Meyer-Optik Gorlitz f3.5 30mm and only bought it because it was with a Industar f3.5 50mm which I wanted for the novelty value. Also included was a Zenit camera £10 the lot but the guy accepted £6. I gave him the Zenit body back but he didn't want it either.
The Lydith is as I suspected a very poor lenswhich I shall never use. The Industar isn't too bad. if anybody wants to send me 30 euros for it I would feel like a crook.

Yes 10 Euros would be a fair price for the lot, but really I can't see the point of buying them

See, this is what I am wondering about. People all over talk about Meyer's, yet they seem to go for insanly low amount of gold. So whats the hype about? Looking thru the listings on ebay put some of the Meyers in the same priceleague as Takumars for example, which I have nothing at all bad to say about. And this is also why I am _considering_ to sell the lot to fund more taks ;D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Leslie wrote:

I can not let you tell this.
Orestegor 200mm is a very decent,... no it is A good lens.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://forum.mflenses.com/orestegor-goes-paris-56k-t5486.html

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oreston 50mm f/1.8
Orestor 135mm f/2.8
Orestegor 200mm f/4

These are fine lenses 200mm f 135mm f2.8 my favourite lenses.

135mm f2.8 has one of the best bokeh what I ever seen and it has beautiful color rendering.

Used lens price guide :

http://www.mflenses.com/rokreporter/run.html

http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/german/meyer/meyer_optik_oreston_50mm_f1_8/
http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/german/meyer/meyer200zebra/
http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/german/meyer/meyer-optik-orestor-135mm_f2_8/
http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/german/pentacon/pentacon_135mm_f2_8_zebra/

You can find samples with Lydith and Primotar too.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zewrak wrote:
Rob Leslie wrote:

See, this is what I am wondering about. People all over talk about Meyer's, yet they seem to go for insanly low amount of gold. So whats the hype about? Looking thru the listings on ebay put some of the Meyers in the same priceleague as Takumars for example, which I have nothing at all bad to say about. And this is also why I am _considering_ to sell the lot to fund more taks ;D

You can not even begin to compare Takumar primes to the likes of Meyers.
When I was a boy a Takumar lens cost a few weeks wages while Meyers were pocket money.
My first SLR was a Practica FX2 and it had the Tessar f2. 50mm lens. I used to think it was great and it was compared to friends who the cheapest Domiplan.
When I bought my Pentax SL with the f1.8 55mm Super Takumar (Which I still use) I could not believe the difference. My eyes were opened. I used the old Tessar as an enlarger lens.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Leslie wrote:

You can not even begin to compare Takumar primes to the likes of Meyers.

Slow down, I am not. Ebay prices are. Smile I said myself, I started out with M42 with the purpose of collecting Takumars. Just happened to get a bunch of Meyers too.

And I agree with you too Attila and Nelson, I like the 200mm alot, the others quite frankly, I have not yet been able to test enough to have an opinion about. My collection grew way to fast to keep up. I decided to start this madness about 1.5 month ago and I got like 25 lenses already :p. The Lydith and Orestor have not yet arrived though.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good in old lenses we have lot of choices Takumar, Meyer, etc. I sold my Takumars and kept Meyers.I love more Meyer result than Takumar result.
They have place parallel at every photographer need to find right subjects for each. Meyer (Pentacon) 135mm can be a very, very good portrait lens.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Good in old lenses we have lot of choices Takumar, Meyer, etc. I sold my Takumars and kept Meyers.I love more Meyer result than Takumar result.
They have place parallel at every photographer need to find right subjects for each. Meyer (Pentacon) 135mm can be a very, very good portrait lens.

I got a Pentacon Electric 135mm for 2£. Was my first ebay purchase. Sadly it has not arrived yet, its at a friends place, I send all "To UK only" stuff to his place and he pack it all in bigger boxes and dispose of what I don't want to keep. Makes the shipping less painful Wink.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was one of my first Ebay purchase I bought around 30 GBP if I remember as well Wink