Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer Telemegor 150mm and 180mm - twin brothers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 8:12 pm    Post subject: Meyer Telemegor 150mm and 180mm - twin brothers Reply with quote

During wintertime I tried to buy and keep most interesting piece of each milimeter as possible (the older the better, preferably M42 and obviously MINT or being very near to). So I ended up with this two of those. Besides I wondered how do they differ. The conclusion is - not much, really.

As you may know, I also tried to grab nice looking prewar 250mm but failed ultimately. Had one silver postwar a couple of days, made a solid cleanup, but eventually sold it, having an offer I couldn't refuse Smile Looked this way.

But back to lenses that are actually mine. Bought this early postwar M42 MINT one at Ebay once, the prize wasn't nice but whatever.

Still, it's this 18cm I consider to be coolest Telemegor I've had so far. Great tone of grey surface, deeply incised (engraved? what do you say, native speakers?) numbers and letters, cool prewar look in every element... pretty heavy for Telemegor... love it. Also with three unoriginal lighter blades and homemade EXA to M42 ring but well-managed. Arguably my coolest looking lens along with Tele-Tessar 25cm 6x6 Exa 1930s, btw a shitty performer.

This Telemegor comes from a local market for much smaller money than usual you know where.

I shot them by each other.

OOF and bokeh seems to be literally the same. No color improvements. 180mm is sharper every single time when something is present in the area of focus Laughing but not significantly. 180mm is also a bit fastest respecting its milimeter, which can be slightly seen from the flower photo.

Both lenses can be sharp stopped down but who cares.

Overall, pretty nice result for a 10-15 yrs older 180mm in geneally slightly worst condition than 150mm is.

Telemegor is possibly my favourite series of my favourite lens manufacturer with surprisingly great input on butterflies, as 180mm silver late postwar version showed to me last year. Sold this version to my butterflying friend, as many others, to support my Biotar 75 budget Laughing to have it a bit more complicated with this year's prewar one to save some challenge and fun Smile

Prewar Telemegor possibly to be not coated at all, I'm quite curious what will happen.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pictures!
I love the 250mm/5.5 Telemegor as well. I have a newer black version, qwuite happy with it. Probably I find an older Alu one too.
I have an 300/4.5 as well, a big and heavy beast!

Probably these Telemegors will get more and more attention because of better sharpness than the Trioplan 100.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That last shot is lovely, tremendous.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful pictures, I love these lenses as well.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, I'd like to run into Telemegors as much as possible this year. If I have time.

But I do plan to explore macro or rather bokeh closeup with Biotar 75 too, as well as with some Pieskers, Tele-Tessars, Primotars etc. - the season is so short!

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb pictures, obviously great lenses, and you get the best out of them. Cool

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The butterfly shot is truly excellent!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My telemegors slept all winter like marmots. Today the younger (150) telemegor went out to get warm.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having a hard time warming up to these two lenses (mine). Maybe I should try one more time.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just seen that butterfly picture again, it's still fabulous. Like 1 small

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's actually been re-postprocessed in the meanwhile Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And it's still a great image, Like 1 small

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1 Like 1