Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer Primagon 4.5/35 on NEX-3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Meyer Primagon 4.5/35 on NEX-3 Reply with quote

Just a few shots I made today in poor light, all wide open, I like this lens a lot.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice 3D on last. You could title it Dead Whale.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I was surprised by the 3D pop. I've had this lens for many months, must use it more often, this is first time I've tried it on my NEX.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:

Whoa Very Happy its really a whale with its tale and everything Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:

+1. Exellent!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another one I shot with the Primagon, 9 images stitched together.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent images Ian, very well done!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian great job on the shots in this series. This lens looks like a keeper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers guys, I think it takes a stunning lens to produce good results in light that bad, so yes, it's definitely a keeper.

Light was almost as dire today but I did manage a few more shots, I really like this lens as a walkaround lens, which is how I used it today, all wide open:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems you did find your 35mm lens... excellent!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice results.

That's some nifty OOF behind the fence in #6. Also, good eye to notice the "whale".

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, this is definitely the 35mm lens I will turn to more than any other, I need to try out my Canon FL 2.5/25, have a feeling that, while that is a good lens with rich colours, I might want to sell it as the Primagon is better.

I agree about the oof area behind the fence, you can see some swirl on the close up of the rusty chain in the first series too, I really like the character of this lens, and the bokeh is an important part of it.

Here are some stitched shots I did with the Primagon today.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice 3D on #4

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I was surprised by that, this lens really does show 3D qualities. Was a lot cheaper than Zeiss so very happy with it, you expect 3D pop from a top Zeiss lens so I'm delighted this old Meyer has it too. Makes me want to collect more old Meyers now.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a chance to exercise the Primagon in good light. Some of these are stitched:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be rather careful if you walk in the woods in the rough vicinity of the place you have those machinery shots... I would suspect there are some sizeable holes in the ground.

It looks like a Mine, or Ore processing plant (If it's the latter, there is sure to be a mine(s) nearby!). Given it's likely a Metal mine, a lot have vertical stopes, depending on the local geology, and it's not unusual to see them drop several hundred feet (Some a few miles from me are over 1,000)

Any pointers on where this is, maybe a rough Long/Let or Google Earth Pin?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a small iron furnace at Backbarrow. Don't think there were any mines nearby, it's right next to the river so maybe it's located there to use river transport.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=54.253303,-2.990784&hl=en&num=1&t=h&z=19

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, nothing listed around there... which is unusual. Where you find furnaces or processing plants, mines are usually close by.

That said, it doesn't mean no holes exist, just that if there do, they are unrecorded. Still, it looks like a fantastic place to shoot in. I could kill a day there easily. Hopefully once the weather goes to something above freezing, I can get out and shoot a few industrial landscapes myself.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abandoned, derelict places and ruins are one of my favourite subjects. I've found a couple of long abandoned farms near Grizebeck I need to visit soon, they look very spooky indeed.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice series, well done!