Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer orestor 100/2.8 Exakta
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:51 pm    Post subject: Meyer orestor 100/2.8 Exakta Reply with quote

I know already there are some orestor 100/2.8 exist in the forum but i just decided to make a new thread because my copy is not in a good condition. just bought this former beauty (!) in a beat-up condition and give it a try. it has so many dent and scratch. glass is not so good either, haze and some yellow bubbles are visible. i dont have proper adapter so push a m39-m42 ring into mount and stable it with a piece of shielded wire and it give me about 30 meters focus. i suppose bokeh is smoother than late m42 version in smaller aperture because it has more blade in diagram.

@f2.8

@f4

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and this the poor thing itself Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pictures! There's a saying that tiny bubbles don't necessarily mean bad things, because most high quality optical glass had that kind of stuff. I have no idea why though.
Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jiaming wrote:
Nice pictures! There's a saying that tiny bubbles don't necessarily mean bad things, because most high quality optical glass had that kind of stuff. I have no idea why though.
Rolling Eyes

thanks Whoo Turtle

about those bubbles, they are not inside the glass there are on the glass and helicoid itself! i seen these before but mostly they are appear on meyer lens!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glass manufacturers of the era apparently could not (or would not?) get all of the bubbles out of the glass when they cast it. Very common to see in old glass. Generally no affect on photo unless there are lots or really large bubbles.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 I love this lens, great, small and inexpensive, what else we need?!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just picked one of these up in m42, it was beat up too, Its surprisingly easy to work on optically, I was able to clean the fungus out no problem. Incidentally how many blades does yours have mine has 15 bokeh is very smooth

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

caledonia84 wrote:
I just picked one of these up in m42, it was beat up too, Its surprisingly easy to work on optically, I was able to clean the fungus out no problem. Incidentally how many blades does yours have mine has 15 bokeh is very smooth

mine has 15 too Happy Dog

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the best model. Mine isn't the nicest but super sharp.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
This is the best model. Mine isn't the nicest but super sharp.

is there any sample pic of your copy on the forum?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the lens and find it to be wonderful.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've the later version (6 blade) exakta and it is wonderful!
I actually like using it for landscape pics due to it's excellent sharpness.

This is 3 pics portrait, stitched.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeardsAreBest wrote:
This is 3 pics portrait, stitched.

Impressive landscape.
Like 1 small Like 1 small

I have an M42 version, very good too, but the aperture doesn't function very well.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe I'm wrong, but I think that the orestor100/2/8 is one of lenses "must have".

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sergtum wrote:
maybe I'm wrong, but I think that the orestor100/2/8 is one of lenses "must have".

I agree. In fact, I must have two.

Minolfan wrote:
I have an M42 version, very good too, but the aperture doesn't function very well.

No big surprise; the later auto version, right? Mine was mint when I got it, then a short time later the aperture failed to close fully. I was successful in opening it (I'm usually not) and found the diaphragm to function just fine. It failed to open and close properly when put back together. It seemed the stop down button was more the problem. Since I also have the older preset version, I decided to disable the aperture on the auto version and just use at fully open, which was how I used it mostly anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw on a local site this lens (seller image). Equivalent 180USD price. Is it worth to buy it at this price?

Last edited by edri on Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:35 pm; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread itches my bidding finger Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have it, great lens it is....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/kds315/albums/72157648029908525

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

the second number is from a fairy tale. mysterious.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's on my list to get.