Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer Oreston 50mm f1.8 Exakta Sony A7R
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 3:15 pm    Post subject: Meyer Oreston 50mm f1.8 Exakta Sony A7R Reply with quote

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the humble little Oreston. It has lovely character and colour rendering.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome. Especially 2nd and 3rd!

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Dog

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meyers , Pentacons are sweet lenses indeed, with lot's of characters, Westerners usually not respect them , luckily this is changing slowly.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But still insanely cheap.

I paid £5 for my Oreston, yet its one of my fave portrait lenses on Canon 60d. The crop factor makes it perfect.
It also has really close minimum focus distance and the range from soft and glowy wide open to nice sharp and warm makes it a super lens for flower photography

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudolfkremers wrote:

I paid £5 for my Oreston, yet its one of my fave portrait lenses on Canon 60d. The crop factor makes it perfect.
It also has really close minimum focus distance and the range from soft and glowy wide open to nice sharp and warm makes it a super lens for flower photography

You were lucky really , usually not insanely cheap.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudolfkremers wrote:

Wow ! what a catch !!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of the great lenses I think.
Thanks Attila for showing it off
OH

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens never fails to impress me... Like 1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 small Like 1 small Like 1 small

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice stuff, Oreston are easiest to find cheap (relatively) attached to praktica camera. I think I paid 20 some USD for the combo and the praktica (as is) actually was in excellent shape and works. I grew up with the OM-1 so the praktica just seems HUGE!