Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer Oreston 1.8 / 50....Got some German glass . . .
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this lens too, nice introducing!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:22 am    Post subject: Got some German glass Reply with quote

Well my lens finally arrived - can't wait to get the camera loaded and start testing.

As I was "playing around", I noticed what Orio mentioned . . .

Orio wrote:

On my EOS I use a flanged adapter with these lenses. The flange keeps the rear pin pushed down and the blades close and open as you rotate the ring like in "manual" mode.
Don't know if flanged adapters are available for your Pentax though.
-

My roxsen adapter also engages the rear pin on the lens. So this creates a question, in using my Orestan . . .
Are there any odd characteristics I need to know since my view is as if I have permanent DOF preview? So I would have to focus and then adjust my f-stop if I need it down at F16 Confused . . .
Also the speed my camera advises for this lens is 1/2 stop faster than a 50mm Rokkor I have - when set on the same appeture . . .

Thanks in advance for any advice.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:48 am    Post subject: Re: Got some German glass Reply with quote

j.lukow wrote:
My roxsen adapter also engages the rear pin on the lens. So this creates a question, in using my Orestan . . .
Are there any odd characteristics I need to know since my view is as if I have permanent DOF preview? So I would have to focus and then adjust my f-stop if I need it down at F16 Confused . . .

As your lens has a Auto/Manual switch, you can remove the rear pin easily without complain, it's often just a pusher.
Quote:
Also the speed my camera advises for this lens is 1/2 stop faster than a 50mm Rokkor I have - when set on the same appeture . . .

f/stops and focal are not accurate from lenses to lenses Wink

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:53 am    Post subject: Re: Got some German glass Reply with quote

Flor27 wrote:
As your lens has a Auto/Manual switch, you can remove the rear pin easily without complain, it's often just a pusher.
. .

On examination there is a linkage between the camera and this "pusher", if it was removed then wouldn't you have removed the appeture's ability to do its job? Confused

As for my second question about the different meter reading between the lens of equal focal length and set to the same f-stop -the jist of my question was if this was a function of the lens' "personality" -one letting in more light in general, or if it was something I needed to compensate for?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:27 am    Post subject: Re: Got some German glass Reply with quote

j.lukow wrote:
Flor27 wrote:
. .

On examination there is a linkage between the camera and this "pusher", if it was removed then wouldn't you have removed the appeture's ability to do its job? Confused

You mean a link between the lens and the pusher ? I don't think removing the linkage will stop apperture ring to work.