Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer Orestegor 300 mm repair - dismantling to set infinity
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:39 pm    Post subject: Meyer Orestegor 300 mm repair - dismantling to set infinity Reply with quote

Hello,

I recently acquired on ebay a Meyer Orestegor 300 with interchangeable Pentacon 6 / M42 mount; glass is very clean but lens have been tinkered with and won't reach focus at infinity (seems to be off by a fraction of mm).
Having fixed a Meyer Orestegor 200 and guessing a similar design I decided for an access from the back mount, but I'm stuck after the first few steps.
I removed the interchangeable mount by unscrewing the ring, then removed the four screws on the back
near rear lense and removed the collar-retaining ring.
So I could unscrew and remove the tripod-mount collar and the undelying barrel.
Now I can see (and remove) the two small spring-retained cilinders that tread into the focussing barrel guides, but I cannot see an access to screws that allow the separation of front and rear focusing barrels.
In Orestegor 200 you just unscrew the two elements and separate the focussing mechanism, but It doesn't seem to be the case with this lense.
I can rotate back and front barrels to minimum focus distance, but even then I see no stop-screw to remove.
As blades are clean and I see no reason to disassemble more, It would suffice for me to have access to the stop-screw that sets infinity focus, but I cannot see it either.
Hope someone could offer hints about how to proceed with disassembly to gain access to focusing helicoid and infinity screw.
I could eventually post the picture of lense at this level of disassembly.
Thank you, regards

Simone

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Simone!

I hope somebody able to help to you soon.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Simone. I have this lens, but I have not dissembled it. I would expect that the whole front element group would unscrew from the aperture housing, forward of the aperture ring, but I cannot make it do so on mine. Sorry I can't help more. Good luck.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I know this thread is pretty old, but I also acquired one of those lenses recently and need to clean it, since there's some dust inside the front. I'm also stuck at the same point after removing the tripod collar.

If someone figured this out within the last 12 years and is willing to help I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance!