Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer-Optik - Trioplan - 50mm F/2.9 Odd Version
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:40 pm    Post subject: Meyer-Optik - Trioplan - 50mm F/2.9 Odd Version Reply with quote

I recently got a Trioplan - 50mm F/2.9 Serial#1194011 with 12 blades and Exakta mount, however this lens appears to be different than any other Trioplans I've seen online. This version has a fixed rear element that does not move. The lens focuses by rotating the front ring/element, similar to old rangefinder cameras. Has anyone used this version? Any different than the standard focusing version? Also is it rare? Any additional info would be appreciated.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any difference in sharpness, contrast and/or bokeh between the trioplan 50/2,9 and the domiplan 50/2,8?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

papasito wrote:
Is there any difference in sharpness, contrast and/or bokeh between the trioplan 50/2,9 and the domiplan 50/2,8?

I don’t know. I haven’t had a chance to use it yet. I just received it earlier this week.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will get more fun with this front cell focusing Trioplan. You can use a helicoid or AF adapter if you want to make it unit focusing.