Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer-Optik Trioplan 45mm f3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:58 pm    Post subject: Meyer-Optik Trioplan 45mm f3.5 Reply with quote

I received this lens today which I purchased on EBay. It was described as an E39 mount for Paxette. It has a screw thread at the rear which is 24.87mm according to my scalpers. There is fitted ring which is screed on to it which measures 32mm which looks like the possible lens attachment for to fit lens to camera. There is the name Junior 2 in Roman numerals on the front of the lens which suggests the camera name or model. The lens is in good condition, aperture works fine, however there is a shutter mechanism built-in to the lens which renders it useless for photography on my Sony a6000. Firstly, will the lens cover the apc sensor and secondly, is there a way to easily stop the shutter in a permanent open position. I would consider keeping it if I can salvage it easily. Can anyone give me any ideas on what can be done or of what camera it came off,please? I paid £44.99 for it, would I be better to ask for a refund. Hopefully someone has some ideas. Thanks for any info you can provide.

Melmount

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually, we ask ourselves these questions before purchase, unless of course it is really cheap Razz

There is a guy locally here who adapts these trioplans (and from other camera's) to various mirrorlens mounts. So it is feasible. Unfortunately, right now he has no ads online, so I cannot post a link to pics.

On ebay, I found this, maybe it helps:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Braun-Paxette-Extension-Ring-to-fit-onto-L39-LTM-mount-Adapters/202257486282?hash=item2f177c51ca:g:MwkAAOSwGPxZ57YQ

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Send it back, you got scammed.

It's definitely not an E39 Paxette lens, the Paxette didn't have a Trioplan a one of it's lens options.

What you have is a lens/shutter removed from a fixed lens camera and sold at an exorbitant price.

If you want a Trioplan 45mm, just buy an old broken camera and remove it, cost should be less than a tenner inc postage.

A better bet would be to purchase a 2.9/50 Trioplan, they come in various mounts, M42, Exakta, Altix etc. I have an Altix one and it's a very fine lens.

They tend to cost 25-30ukp.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Meyer-Optik Trioplan 45mm f3.5 Reply with quote

melmount wrote:
I received this lens today which I purchased on EBay. It was described as an E39 mount for Paxette. It has a screw thread at the rear which is 24.87mm according to my scalpers. There is fitted ring which is screed on to it which measures 32mm which looks like the possible lens attachment for to fit lens to camera. There is the name Junior 2 in Roman numerals on the front of the lens which suggests the camera name or model. The lens is in good condition, aperture works fine, however there is a shutter mechanism built-in to the lens which renders it useless for photography on my Sony a6000. Firstly, will the lens cover the apc sensor and secondly, is there a way to easily stop the shutter in a permanent open position. I would consider keeping it if I can salvage it easily. Can anyone give me any ideas on what can be done or of what camera it came off,please? I paid £44.99 for it, would I be better to ask for a refund. Hopefully someone has some ideas. Thanks for any info you can provide.

Melmount

Sorry, but this lens was never intended for the Paxette, nor is it M39.
This lens was fix mounted on a cheap Eastern German "Beirette" camera: http://camera-wiki.org/wiki/Beirette
Such old low end cameras you can get for nearly nothing on flea markets. The value of this simple lens alone is maybe something like 2 Euro.
I would simply return it to the seller and request the money back as it was totally wrong advertised.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Beirette Junior II to be precise:

Similar cameras are very easy to find on ebay for less than a tenner inc postage.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sjak, iangreenhalgh1and t_ba for your replies.
I have put in a request to EBay for a full refund this evening, I will let you known how it goes.
Your knowledge and help has been much appreciated, I should have asked questions here before purchase,
lesson learned.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received a full refund with an apology thanks to your information and I'm returning the lens tomorrow.