Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer Optik ROBOT Primotar 30/3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:32 pm    Post subject: Meyer Optik ROBOT Primotar 30/3.5 Reply with quote

I've had a preference for ROBOT lenses for some time. These high quality, precisely machined little chromed glass lenses are both beautiful and functional.

Until now I have been limited to lenses by Carl Zeiss Jena and Schneider-Kreuznach, since the huge majority of ROBOT lenses were manufactured by those two companies. I've seen references to one or more lenses produced by Kilfitt and this sole lens by Meyer Optik. Until recently I haven't had an opportunity to purchase one (except a single lens on Ebay that the seller claimed was a Kilfitt but was in such bad shape, with fungus and separation, that I didn't even watch what happened to it).

The other day I was checking on Ebay and saw this lens newly listed with a Buy it Now price of $230.00 US. So I jumped. It was delivered in the mail yesterday.

I haven't found a lot of information about this lens on the internet and a good amount of what was posted was contradictory. What does seem to be correct is this lens was produced to ship with the original, short run, ROBOT 1 camera. That would place its production at 1935. If anyone has more information about this lens I would appreciate their sharing.

I have it mounted on a Sony A6000 using an M26-M39 step up ring on an M39-NEX adapter.

Last edited by newst on Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1

I have many robots now, they are indeed super lenses, prime quality. The Xenagon is a good one in that FL range
this site shows the complete collection, all very desirable of course and perfect for mirrorless

http://corsopolaris.net/supercameras/robot/26mm1.html

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I know that site. Still trying to figure out what Google Translate is trying to tell me when it describes a lens as plywood.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, do you still have this lens? It is interesting to see more photos. Maybe some more details on this lens?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

serkol wrote:
Steve, do you still have this lens? It is interesting to see more photos. Maybe some more details on this lens?

No, I sold the lens some time ago. I now regret doing so and am looking for another copy.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Steve!
Maybe you have more photos made with this lens?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did find a few more samples taken with the Primotar. Most, unfortunately, are out of focus. These two are about all I can find that are worth publishing.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, thank you so much!
Do you also have Tessar 3cm / 2.8? Which of these lenses do you prefer? Can you have pictures with Tessar 3cm/2.8? I can take one of these lenses, try to make a decision.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

serkol wrote:
Steve, thank you so much!
Do you also have Tessar 3cm / 2.8? Which of these lenses do you prefer? Can you have pictures with Tessar 3cm/2.8? I can take one of these lenses, try to make a decision.

Sergey,

Zeiss did a number of Tessar lenses for the ROBOT camera. http://corsopolaris.net/supercameras/robot/26mm2.html

I had the 2.8/30 and the 2.8/38. I preferred both of the Tessars over the Primotar, and the 38mm over the 30mm, mostly for ergonomics.

The color images are from the 2.8/30 while the BW are from the 2.8/38.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Steve!
Good pictures and a beautiful dog!
Perhaps I will choose Tessar 3cm / 2.8, it costs 2 times cheaper. Perhaps because it occurs more often.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Tessar is a better lens where the Primotar is more rare. It depends if you want to take photographs or collect lenses.