Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer Optik Görlitz Orestegor 300mm f4 P6 adapter, a rarity
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:33 pm    Post subject: Meyer Optik Görlitz Orestegor 300mm f4 P6 adapter, a rarity Reply with quote

I have bought this one today.
Beautiful lens and I have small accessories for it, like for instance 35mm SLR bodies:

I will use it with M42 cameras, BUT the idea was also to use it with my Kiev-6s. Because I did believe from hasty reads online that the cone with a given SRL body mount (M42, Exakta, whatever) is screwed on what is in fact a P6 mount.

obviously I didn't search in details, because that's what I have when I remove the M42 adapting cone:

but this is a Flektogon P6 and the Kiev-6s I use for it:

the retaining ring taken off the Kiev-6s, The P6 mount has three tabs that do fit the receiving ring on the camera body. The Orestegor doesn't have these tabs. Diameter of the P6 ring is a bit wider also:

so I should have read a bit more online, because I just learn that the Orestegor-300 doesn't come with a native P6 mount, but a custom mount system and will need a P6 adapter.
I didn't bring along my Kiev-6s when I went to pick the lens, but I could have been suspicious because the size of its M42 adapter is clearly longer than the P6-M42 adapter I use sometimes with my P6/bayonet-B lenses:

anyway, the PROBLEM seems now to find an Orestegor_300-P6 adapter. I tried different keywords, and only result I get is ONE (not two, just one) item on Ebay. An the asked price is twice what I paid for the lens ....

quite surprised, because P6 systems are, relatively, quite popular among MF enthusiasts and I had believed this adapter was common....

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a big catch! Like 1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I have bought by mistake a primotar 180/3.5 in praktina mount, I simply removed the back cone and bought a macro tube for the pentacon six, then I cut the adapter to the flange, drilled 4 holes on it and fixed, it works perfectly on my pentacon six