Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer-Optik Görlitz Telemegor 180mm f5.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:06 am    Post subject: Meyer-Optik Görlitz Telemegor 180mm f5.5 Reply with quote

I went on a whim and bought a lens a few days ago -its the middle silver one- although the seller was adamant it had fungus.
He's had it itemized as parts, repair and has fungus. He had listed quite a lot of lenses, (with the same description) -mainly newer Japanese lenses.
My experience with this seller has always been great. I send him and email to confirm that it had fungus. His short reply was "the lens has fungus".
I bought lens regardless , the lens arrived today -it came with both original caps and a beautiful tan case.
I opened it up to look and noticed one of the aperture blades had dislodged, but there was no sign of fungus just some dust. I opened the lens up, from the front and reseated the one aperture blade-and its working good.

I find this newly aquired Telemegor 180mm f5 .5 lighter , and of smaller diameter than the black one. I thought I should share some images of the lenses- I have also included in the mix a prewar 1:5.5 f=15cm Telemegor ,its the one on the right (solid build ).

Meyer-Optik Görlitz Telemegor 180mm f5.5, --- Meyer-Optik Görlitz Telemegor 180mm f5.5,- -- Meyer Görlitz Telemegor 1:5.5f=15cm

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice catch! I much admire my aluminium copy, battered though the body is -- still good optics. At 250g naked it's considerably lighter than my nearest match, the Tele-Takumar 200/5.6 (410g) and even lighter than the shorter Meyer Trioplan 100/2.8 (260g, alum). Other than a Hanimar Preset 135/3.5 long tube (also 250g) the Telemegor 180 is my lightest-weight lens longer than 100mm. Ah, that's the secret: no tele elements, just a long hollow tube.

PS: I just noticed something. Maybe this is old news to many, but... both the Meyers I mentioned the Trioplan and the Telemegor, are one-ring presets. Push the aperture ring to set the maximum aperture, then spin the ring up and down as needed. Kewl!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RioRico wrote:
Nice catch! I much admire my aluminium copy, battered though the body is -- still good optics. At 250g naked it's considerably lighter than my nearest match, the Tele-Takumar 200/5.6 (410g) and even lighter than the shorter Meyer Trioplan 100/2.8 (260g, alum). Other than a Hanimar Preset 135/3.5 long tube (also 250g) the Telemegor 180 is my lightest-weight lens longer than 100mm. Ah, that's the secret: no tele elements, just a long hollow tube.

PS: I just noticed something. Maybe this is old news to many, but... both the Meyers I mentioned the Trioplan and the Telemegor, are one-ring presets. Push the aperture ring to set the maximum aperture, then spin the ring up and down as needed. Kewl!!

Thanks. And great tip on the one ringed preset aperture. For clarity's sake which direction do you push to set max. aperture? Up. down, clockwise or anticlockwise?

Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kathmandu wrote:
RioRico wrote:

Thanks. And great tip on the one ringed preset aperture. For clarity's sake which direction do you push to set max. aperture? Up. down, clockwise or anticlockwise?

Sorry for the delayed response. On all those, I push the aperture ring forward, towards the front of the lens, then spin it to the desired minimum aperture. The ring is spring loaded so releasing it resets it in place. So a sample session: I'm holding the Trioplan or Tessar. I push the ring forward, set it to f/8 say, and release it. Now the ring only spins between f/2.8 (wide open) and the f/8 limit.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great tip for new owners of Meyer lenses with the single ring, thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday I picked up the early aluminium finish version of one of these in a charity (thrift) shop, tatty barrel but the optics are clear and it focusses fine but the aperture is stuck wide open, but then it only cost Ł4.99 (say $6). No caps or case but it came with a push on yellow filter.