Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer Lens for Underwater Photography?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Meyer Lens for Underwater Photography? Reply with quote

I have been searching the internet and stumbled upon the use of MF lenses with digital cameras. I currently have a Canon 5D MII and now have taken it underwater using an Aquatica housing. My recent foray into macro came out pretty good using the Canon 100mm L series lens. However, I have been blown away by the unique bokeh given by these vintage MF lenses presented here by people in these forums.

I would like to know if anyone has used a vintage MF lens with a Canon 5D MII for use underwater. The use would be for the bokeh effects offered by these lenses (specific application).

I have looked up several topics and suggested lenses and mounts for attaching the lenses (e.g. AF confirmation chips and chip enabled adapters) but have not come across anyone with experience using them underwater and what unique issues that may be involved.

Any suggestions for use of a old MF vintage lens (in the 100mm range) with my 5D MII in an Aquatica underwater housing would be greatly be appreciated.

Previous searches:

www.bobatkins.com/photography/eosfaq/manual_focus_EOS.html

www.wetpixel.com

www.vimeo.com/18176710

www.kevincameras.com/gallery/v/exakta_mt/meyer/969413/

forum.mflenses.com/meyer-orestor-100-2-8-or-trioplan-100-2-8-t22460.html

The Meltdownman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome meltdownman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Turtle here!!

I don't really see an issue given that you get a suitable underwater housing for lens + camera.

Possibly a Perspex dome would help getting a somewhat wider angle...