Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 100mm F2.8 Red V on NEX 5N
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:35 pm    Post subject: Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 100mm F2.8 Red V on NEX 5N Reply with quote

(It has been a while I have not posting any new threads in this section. Now, it is the time open a new thread.)

This is a lens needs no needs no introduction. It is know for its soap bubble at wide open. However, its glow effect can be useful at certain situations.
Here are more photos taken with this lens. All photo are taken wide open. Most photos are processed in the same setting except the last one.

For best experience, click the photo for full size.

Thanks for viewing!

Last edited by calvin83 on Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a big fan of this lens, but I really like the last pic in the series: you put the lens' character at good use, well done!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I like the last one too. It seems the lens does have potentials under bright sunlight . I will do more experiment later.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's different, not my taste, but that is personal. That man looks like he is radioactive!

I must admit: last picture is very nice!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens usually one of the best 'back' light lens and poor performer in all other lights, I like last image best. I bought and sold at least 3x . Great for flowers with back light door .

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the effect you get when a lens has a fine coating of fungus on one or more elements.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two thumbs up on the last one!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all the feedback! I am trying to take some topical style photos with glow effect on the subject.

The last element of this lens is covered with fine cleaning marks. Which makes it glow more than a perfect copy on objects lit by strong light.

I agrees with Attila that this lens works test when there is lights from the back of the subject(to creative the soap bubbles). It will even more nice if the light reflected from water drops. Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
The last element of this lens is covered with fine cleaning marks. Which makes it glow more than a perfect copy on objects lit by strong light.

I had the same effect from a Minolta MD 2/45 where one of the inner elements had a fine coating of fungus. Once cleaned, the glow disappeared.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
calvin83 wrote:

I had the same effect from a Minolta MD 2/45 where one of the inner elements had a fine coating of fungus. Once cleaned, the glow disappeared.

The Minolta is much better corrected lens with good coating. For this lens, the glow is mainly caused by spherical aberration and the weak coating. Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regardless of the spherical aberration, the glow looked exactly the same. I'll have to dig out the pictures.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has a look that is for sure.