Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer Gorlitz Diaplan 2.8 100mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:29 pm    Post subject: Meyer Gorlitz Diaplan 2.8 100mm Reply with quote

Adapted with Gaffa to the VNEX @ Sony A7

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange... - the forum system don´t show the title of my topic:
Meyer Görlitz Diaplan 2.8 100mm

Rolling Eyes Question

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remove "ö" from the title. Forum software does not like umlaut.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wolfhansen wrote:
Strange... - the forum system don´t show the title of my topic:
Meyer Görlitz Diaplan 2.8 100mm

Rolling Eyes Question

NO ÜMLÄÜTS in headers please!! As Alex has just mentioned...

I edited it in....

Nice results you got!

Gaffa must be some new adater factory right??? Quite dark and sticky there I heard.... Wink

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, thanks!

Quiet dark and sticky - yes, and great flexibility! Wink

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice dreamy quality. I especially like the purple crocus.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too recently got this lens. I've only done some few test shots holding it to the camera (freelensing) so can't match these nice pictures posted by Wolfgang. Still, it seems to promise decent sharpness along with the expected bokeh...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still can't understand the fascination with out of focus pictures with this really distracting bubble bokeh, I realise tastes differ, but I just cannot see what's attractive about it and once you've seen a few of these bubble pics, you've pretty much seen em all.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tastes differ.
Back in the 1920s+30s you would have been in the f/64 club with Ansel Adams, and some of these other guys would have been sending bromoil prints to pictorialist salon exhibitions.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Back in the 1920s+30s you would have been in the f/64 club with Ansel Adams, and some of these other guys would have been sending bromoil prints to pictorialist salon exhibitions.

And surprise, we still like a lot of these pictures Very Happy Very Happy

The expirements with bubbles are fun anyhow, but IMHO Ian has a point, I don't see real innovations after the first pictures. Too much technical try outs, little nice ready to see pictures for me.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bit wild it is, but I understand the craving for that. Must be some asian genes inherited...not everyone has that. Wink Wink Wink

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is the diameter of this lens? Can it enter into a M42 macro ring together with the original helicoid?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:

The expirements with bubbles are fun anyhow, but IMHO Ian has a point, I don't see real innovations after the first pictures. Too much technical try outs, little nice ready to see pictures for me.

Your right - my diaplan pics are technical tryouts, just for fun playing around with these 10 € lenses. I will never pay real money
for a 100mm trioplan to get these bokeh effects....

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wolfhansen wrote:
Minolfan wrote:

Your right - my diaplan pics are technical tryouts, just for fun playing around with these 10 € lenses. I will never pay real money

Just test shots as pointed out.

Ian: You've now expressed your bewilderment several times. Are you looking for someone to convince you why you should like this? Is it okay with you that some others do appreciate it?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edri wrote:
How is the diameter of this lens? Can it enter into a M42 macro ring together with the original helicoid?

I measure a diameter of 52.32mm +-.01

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
edri wrote:

I measure a diameter of 52.32mm +-.01

Thanks for the information.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
wolfhansen wrote:
Minolfan wrote:

Just test shots as pointed out.

Ian: You've now expressed your bewilderment several times. Are you looking for someone to convince you why you should like this? Is it okay with you that some others do appreciate it?

I guess some folk see photography as a quest to achieve the closest verisimilitude of the world as they observe it, and others are like the kid with the shiny object trying to make nice patterns by reflecting sunlight on to the wall. I guess I have always enjoyed "playing" with light, and I get the most satisfaction from making a combination of that sort of artifice with some sort of meaningful representation.
But there is no arguing that people have their brains wired up different, and that is probably a good thing.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basilisk wrote:

But there is no arguing that people have their brains wired up different, and that is probably a good thing.

In many cases, yes, but in some, not so much.