Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer Gorlitz aperture adjustment (Trioplan, Primoplan)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject: Meyer Gorlitz aperture adjustment (Trioplan, Primoplan) Reply with quote

I'm servicing a Primoplan 75mm and having the same issue with the aperture out of place. Posting this here hoping someone has encountered this and can assist.

Bernard wrote:
Hi there,
Need help. I have just purchased a Meyer Optik Gorlitz Trioplan 100mm f2.8 red V (M42) from eBay.
The aperture arrow on the barrel does not align to its respective values.
I decided to take the lens apart and fix it however I am stuck at the aperture barrel section and unable proceed further. I have taken some pictures of it.
Aperture placeholder A : I am unable to remove the retaining screw as the screw head is on the other side. Therefore i cannot remove the Aperture placeholder A.
Aperture placeholder B : I have removed the screw but unable to unscrew/pull the barrel apart.
Does anyone knows how to open this up?

Thanks !

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You fix already? Please tell us how? Smile

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't able to figure out how to remove the aperture barrel, so I just (very carefully) soaked the aperture in naphtha and wiped the blades a number of times until I got all the oil out. It was a slow and tedious process, but it did the job.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we still don't know how to realign the rings to make scale read correct?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What may have happened is that the aperture assembly has shifted in it's clocking(rotated), a loose set screw(s).
The aperture assembly is basically 3 parts, the basket(as I call it, is the 1st part)it basically holds all the blades(the 2nd part), and the disk(3rd part), parts 1 & 3 enclose the blades, one is typically fixed in position, the other is attached to the aperture ring either directly, or through some fancy arrangement that may include the aperture lever in auto lenses, the part that was meant to stay in place has likely shifted due to a loose set screw(s), you have to figure out which part(1 or 3) is stationary.
In this case it looks like "Placeholder B" is stationary, "Placeholder A" looks like it's directly attached to the aperture ring with a long screw, IME there is no adjustment here, in the last picture "Placeholder B" has it's "screw removed" I assume to free up "Placeholder B" to turn it clockwise? when looking at it from the rear.

Trying to figure out how a lens comes apart with vague pictures is like trying to solve a Rubik's Cube from pictures.
Submit your own pictures if you can.