Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer Görlitz Trioplan 10.5cm f/2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Meyer Görlitz Trioplan 10.5cm f/2.8 Reply with quote

The one on the right is a post-war Trioplan 100mm f/2.8 for comparison:

Got the one on the left today from a local seller. Uncoated, no damage to the glass, some dust inside and focus stiff but in quite good condition.

Serial Nr. 904545, from around WWII
f/2.8 - f/22
~1.2m - 1.25m - 40m - infinity
Exakta
Made out of heavy steel, not aluminium like post-war.

Of course I have some questions. Smile
In the search there are some topics about pre-war Trioplan 10cm f/2.8, is this the same one?

Also, I've got a 39mm lens hood, but it doesn't fit (the hood is a tiny bit too narrow, maybe not even a millimeter). Are there any 40mm-diameter-hoods that you know of? Preferably meant for ~100mm, I couldn't find any on eBay.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pre-war one should be stunning. I doubt it's steel though, will be chromed brass which to me, always feels much nicer than aluminium.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
I doubt it's steel though, will be chromed brass which to me, always feels much nicer than aluminium.

It's indeed not steel but chromed brass, didn't know the English term for it, thank you. There's some tiny wear with yellow/gold/copper-like underground on the rings.

Although it's maybe nicer to have chromed brass than alu, it's a lot heavier as well, not always something I prefer. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you can always see a yellowish colour where the chrome has worn with these old lenses, you will see it referred to as 'brassing'.

I don't mind heavy lenses, I find them much easier to control in the longer lengths, less shake.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

---

Last edited by Fabian on Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:32 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(first one f/5.6 I believe, rest f/2.8. all on 2x crop)

Last edited by Fabian on Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:40 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice images. I think the distinguishing quality of this lens is its bokeh. I also recognized the bluish glow that shows up sometimes when using Meyer lenses at wider apertures. As all-around lenses, I find them lacking, but they have their niche.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really good images and lens.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very beautiful images!! What is the thing on the bottom of the right side lens? Can it be removed and how to remove it? Thank You Dog

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cellotone wrote:
Very beautiful images!! What is the thing on the bottom of the right side lens? Can it be removed and how to remove it? Thank You Dog

That's a leaver for automatic-aperture using with Exakta cameras (aperture close when you make a shot and pushing this leaver). Quite complicated mechanism these days, and unreliable (according to the fact that this version had 11 iris blades).
Could It be removed? I think yes, but IMO much easier to buy Trioplan with fully mechanical aperture.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fabian wrote:
iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
I doubt it's steel though, will be chromed brass which to me, always feels much nicer than aluminium.

It's indeed not steel but chromed brass, didn't know the English term for it, thank you. There's some tiny wear with yellow/gold/copper-like underground on the rings.

Although it's maybe nicer to have chromed brass than alu, it's a lot heavier as well, not always something I prefer. Smile

Er, chrome plated? Like Dog

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The process first undergoes a copper plating, then nickel plating prior to the chromium.
Plating = Electro plating.