Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer-Görlitz Orestor 135mm 2,8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:04 pm    Post subject: Meyer-Görlitz Orestor 135mm 2,8 Reply with quote

Wow!

1. Picture. ISO100, flash, fully open.

Full res (14mb) here: http://zeieizh.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Meyer-G%F6rlitz%20Orestor%201352%2C8/IMG_0008.JPG/full

2. Picture. ISO100, flash, f8

Full res (14mb) here: http://zeieizh.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Meyer-G%F6rlitz%20Orestor%201352%2C8/IMG_0010.JPG/full

One question though. It has Exakta mount. It comes off un-screwing a band off. If I screw it open, is that T2 mount then?
Which adapter should I buy then?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice lenses, it has own interchangeable M42 and Exakta mount not compatible with other lenses.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a fantastic lens alright, perfect for long portraits because of that buttery bokeh Smile Not sure I like the photos with flash on though, makes them look too artificial (but I am biased as I like natural light, so feel free to ignore my comments Laughing ).

Have fun with this super lens!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Nice lenses, it has own interchangeable M42 and Exakta mount not compatible with other lenses.

Can you explain?
If I buy Exakta adapter, it won't fit?

MF-G: It's so dark here at winter... Even today some stole half of sun... Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Exakta mount can be removed and replaced with a Pentacon / Meyer specific M42 mount. But these mounts can't be used on other lenses (apart from the Pentacon / Meyer 200/4 preset lens). You can use an Exakta adapter with it fine, so no panic Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sigh...*

Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a Meyer to Nikon replacement cone/adapter from member Alex (hk300), but haven´t got any Meyer/Pentacon lenses yet. Sad

http://forum.mflenses.com/pentacon-135-f-28-preset-nikon-mount-adapter-t26355.html

Unfortunately, if I understand right, Alex has disappeared from this forum.

Maybe there´s an adapter for EOS as well?

Somebody has converted these to Pentax K also.
http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic.php?t=14928&highlight=&sid=68236176ff25d59671fa793255aaa068

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took a couple at my daughters birthday bash at the local theme park. Seemed to work OK for me. It was a very grey november day, so ISO was too high but IIRC these were taken about f5.6.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a great lens and good for portraits if you warm it up a bit. WB always looks cold on this lens to me.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a freezing cold day Smile But I know what you mean. I took lots of other shots, but they included other peoples kids, so I can't post them. No model release forms handy at the time Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HA!

For me this lens deserves the price for the lens with the most 2D feeling.Laughing

Especially the first foto with the frontal flash...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never used a flash when using this lens. Let me add mine.
crop & auto level

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martyn_bannister wrote:
It was a freezing cold day Smile But I know what you mean. I took lots of other shots, but they included other peoples kids, so I can't post them. No model release forms handy at the time Smile

I'm not sure you need one as this is only needed for commercial usage.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

agent_cooper wrote:
HA!

For me this lens deserves the price for the lens with the most 2D feeling.Laughing

Especially the first foto with the frontal flash...

At least whole frame is focused. Neutral

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
martyn_bannister wrote:

I'm not sure you need one as this is only needed for commercial usage.

Hey Martin, I didn't know that, I thought it was all photos in the public domain. That's very interesting, thanks for the info.