Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer Domiplan 50mm Sony NEX-3 Exakta mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:41 pm    Post subject: Meyer Domiplan 50mm Sony NEX-3 Exakta mount Reply with quote

Many images are post processed, camera was in 'Vivid' color mode. All shoots were taken at f5.6-F16 , except one which is wide open I will mark it.

Straight convert from RAW to JPEG , no post processing.

Wide open

Post processed color, contrast , sharpness improved.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great samples!!

tf

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice series, great combo!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed very nice and the Domiplan has eventually found it's place in life..... on a digital camera Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
Indeed very nice and the Domiplan has eventually found it's place in life..... on a digital camera Wink

Yes , due small size nice lens for any mirror less camera.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm nicely surprised because to me the Domiplan was the awfulest lens I have ever had. I got several copies with my Exakta bodies, and gave a few away.

But you have been able to take the best out of this lens... or you have the best Domiplan ever built Wink

I've just sold the NEX-5 and ordered a NEXC3, so I'm not able to try mines yet, but for sure I'll do as soon as the C3 arrives.

Thanks a lot for showing up this lens strenghts!.

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look forward your Jes, hopefully NEX make yours to singing too.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have those great bridges and the pictures show them very well. Great set of images.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Jes says, you have a very good sample of that lens!

Well taken, too.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, the quality of these photos, considering the 'fame' of this lens, really surprised me!

very very well done Attila!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the best samples I've seen from this lens! Really nice images Attila and great blues. Even the bokeh is nice Shocked Are you sure it was the Domiplan? Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful samples from very underrated lens.
I like how they look and even that it has a bad reputation the Nex sensor is doing a great job.

The colors are terrible most of the time but this this is not the lens fault here.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
Some of the best samples I've seen from this lens! Really nice images Attila and great blues. Even the bokeh is nice Shocked Are you sure it was the Domiplan? Laughing

Laughing Laughing yes, not mixed with others.

Bokeh first of all depend from background distance and subject, I did select carefully as well. If I select a busy background a bush for example that will be very different I am sure.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For this lens amazing results Shocked ... (Could be the photographer Very Happy ...)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danikatia wrote:
For this lens amazing results Shocked ... (Could be the photographer Very Happy ...)

Laughing Thank you I did do my best for sure to improve respect of this orphan lens Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, amazing image quality, I did not expect that from the Domiplan