Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Metz 60 CT-1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:11 pm    Post subject: Metz 60 CT-1 Reply with quote

Hi everyone, i've got this unit long ago in a lot, so I'm trying to put it together to see if it's still working. It seems complete, with dry cell,but I cannot connect it to charge because the cable that connects the battery unit , doesn't seem to fit,and I'm not sure if this Metz is 125v or 220, so maybe i would need a transformer to charge it? I've got 220 in my house,so definitely need some help. I've read in dpreview,there are some people that replace the cell for 18650 multi pack cells,but ain't sure how can it be done and if it's worth it,as I would like to use it in digital (Sony A7)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one of these in my boxes of stuff for sale at the camera fair, and I think it is complete with all its leads and transformer, and battery pack. But I can't get at it at the moment, and don't know when I will be able to.

from memory, mine has a a 110v and 240v option via a switch on the transformer.

Butkus has the instructions -

https://www.butkus.org/chinon/flashes_meters/metz_flashes/mecablitz_60_ct-1/mecablitz_60_ct-1.htm

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've already downloaded the manual from the same site,but don't get clear that thing - so, it's got a transformer from 220 to 125v? I don't have,but I've read in the manual, a 12v car charger could be used ,so I do have some 12v transformers ,but how could I adapt it?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Metz 60 CT-1 Reply with quote

kiddo wrote:
Hi everyone, i've got this unit long ago in a lot, so I'm trying to put it together to see if it's still working. It seems complete, with dry cell,but I cannot connect it to charge because the cable that connects the battery unit , doesn't seem to fit,and I'm not sure if this Metz is 125v or 220, so maybe i would need a transformer to charge it? I've got 220 in my house,so definitely need some help. I've read in dpreview,there are some people that replace the cell for 18650 multi pack cells,but ain't sure how can it be done and if it's worth it,as I would like to use it in digital (Sony A7)

The Metz charger I use for my 60CT1 and 60CT4 battery pack has a switch for 120 and 220V, like these :

Does your charger have the same connector as the one shown in the last picture?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for replying, in fact,I don't have the charger,only a cord with a wall plug and the other end of the cord it won't enter the battery pack easily,so I assume there was a transformer between the battery pack and that cord ,wich I'm missing.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kiddo wrote:
Thanks for replying, in fact,I don't have the charger,only a cord with a wall plug and the other end of the cord it won't enter the battery pack easily,so I assume there was a transformer between the battery pack and that cord ,wich I'm missing.

You are missing the charger then. That cord you have appears to be unrelated to the flash, at least I don't know of any Metz setups that would use a separate cord. Apart from the massive N20 AC power supply.

So you would need the regular charger if you have a functioning Dry Fit battery. Alternatively, there are new Li-Ion packs made for the Metz, these come with their own charger. One big advantage (to me at least) is the amount of weight you save with LiIon.