Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meopta Openar 40mm f1.8 with samples!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:45 pm    Post subject: Meopta Openar 40mm f1.8 with samples! Reply with quote

This lens have been discussed on the forum a couple of times and I remember one member as an happy owner. Well, I have two 80mm and one 20mm Openar, but this is the first time -today, that I got some knowledge from the 40mm Openar Very Happy

And what a lens! I may have a new favorite C-mount Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats N, i am the member who loves this lens, and now you too! it is small, perfect FL, fast and great rendition. your shots are just the quality i would expect from this lens. btw, you have 2 80mm...how do you like them? do thwy compare favorably with the 30mm? maybe i take one off your hands... Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
congrats N, i am the member who loves this lens, and now you too! it is small, perfect FL, fast and great rendition. your shots are just the quality i would expect from this lens. btw, you have 2 80mm...how do you like them? do thwy compare favorably with the 30mm? maybe i take one off your hands... Very Happy

Yes, the 40mm looks to be quite good Wink

Yes, I have two 80mm Openar lenses. I bought one first and got the second as a bonus from a Admira 16mm camera together with the 20mm Openar. Very Happy

I'm planing to sell one of them. It's very small (aprox. same as the 40mm openar) and still fast enough, f2.8. Here is a sample from the 80mm openar.

IQ i decent enough IMO, but the 40mm seems to be a little better. The 20mm is the poorest of the 3, but can also produce decent pictures (ref. Atilla) with some vignetting.

Still, size vs IQ of the 80mm is a winner if you like compact Smile

I'm currently redecorating my new house, so all my stuff is stored in boxes. I could go look for it if you are interested?!?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad at all, so I must have a "lemon" I guess... was very cheap, so no big deal.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very handsome attractive lens, too!

Flawless examples of a great lens!

Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn good, quite often appear in bay, I thought just average lens.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx for comments, here is a infinity shot from my town Wink

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent ! I had 20mm with strong vignette, it was a good lens too. You have beautiful city , landscape!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a huge fan of the Meopta Openars as well.

I have the 20mm/1.8 and 40mm/1.8. I know the 20mm inside out, because I was considering in vain some way to get fuller sensor coverage out of it similar to my Fujinon-TV 12.5mm/1.4 modification. I like the characteristics of the 20mm, but the vignetting is heavy.

My preference is the 40mm. It's a wonderful lens as Nordentro's photos demonstrate.

I've found HawksFactory C5 Type TV Bolex c-mount to m4/3 adapter works very nicely with the Meopta Openars. They mount with upright marks on that adapter, and just the 40mm needed a thin shim in order to get accurate infinity focus: http://cgi.ebay.com/C5-type-TV-Bolex-C-mount-M4-3-M43-Micro-4-3-G1-GH1-/320720854894?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aac73df6e

My Admira is serving as a very beautiful doorstop.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very sharp and good details

Thx sharing !

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy