Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meopta Meostigmat 1.4/70 on FF and NEX via VNEX
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great lenses! Great results. Thanks for sharing set-up pictures.
I have 35/1.3 , 50/1 and 70/1.4 waitng for some cleaning and adaptation.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a few pics with A7 and Meopta from last weekend:

not always easy to manage.. especialy on sunny days. But not that hard than I thought it will be..

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tedat wrote:

not always easy to manage.. especialy on sunny days. But not that hard than I thought it will be..

Whow Shocked

Great series.... nice to see the Meostigmat in action. The lens shine's in your hands..
Especially the colors in #1 and #2 are great... and the shallow DOF...

And I like the cateyes all around.. Very Happy

Cheers
Henry

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite a bit crazy, if one likes that, but great colors, contrast + sharpness it has.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winner combo, best mirrorless and a stunning lens, I like all pictures what did you show us here.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My lens arrived yesterday, so here some flower shots taken an hour ago.
Nex-6 at ISO 100.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice!

that's something I missed last weekend: flowers

I found only boring subjects Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soap bubbles, easter eggs and cateyes everywhere in the garden Very Happy
(reminds me a bit to Trioplan 2.8/100mm... )

Sony A7...

Cheers
Henry

Last edited by hinnerker on Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:58 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Quite a bit crazy, if one likes that, but great colors, contrast + sharpness it has.

I don't like it. I LOVE it! How amazing is this?

Tedat, what are you doing in post?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not very much... auto levels, resize and a bit of sharpening.. everything else was the lens an A7

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here a few from a friend..

(NEX-6 & Meopta)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tedat wrote:
not very much... auto levels, resize and a bit of sharpening.. everything else was the lens an A7

I've just asked because your Pictures seem to have more contrast and saturation
then all the other in this Thread. I think its just because of the auto levels.
Thank you.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some flower-shots with 17mm Macro-Ring, all free hand

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam Steely wrote:
I think its just because of the auto levels.

yes.. auto levels made a big difference

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tedat wrote:
I found only boring subjects Laughing ...

Looks not boring.
Great images, thank you for showing!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you Smile

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hinnerker wrote:
Hari wrote:
Awesome! Great pictures! If you ever want to sell it, do let me know

Hi Hari,

of course... because a lot of people did ask for such a lens conversion, i did realize this conversion with a lot of 10 Meoptas 1.4/70mm... ( only 5 pcs. are left from 10 pieces)

For this 10 pcs. i decided to produce a special part for the Meoptas to bring this lens to a VNEX/VµFT System...

This part was made on a CNC lathe and do have a 42mm male threat for use on M42 Adapters, a female thread of M39 for the use on VNEX and VµFT

For those of you who dont know the VNEX oder VµFT System... here are two links with further informations about it.

http://forum.mflenses.com/the-vnex-system-t54300.html

http://forum.mflenses.com/the-vft-system-vnex-system-adapted-for-micro-4-3-format-t64514.html

With this part and shorten the lens body to the correkt dimension, its possible to use the Meopta on Sony NEX and Sony E-Mount of the newly introduced A7 cam.

To have accurate focus from infinty to a close up distance of about 35-40mm its the best to use an VNEX oder VµFT System..

from left to right the abilitys are shown...

1. Canon EOS M42 adaptor
2. connected via VNEX to (NEX and Sony A7 cams)
3. connected via VµFT for µFT-Systems (or Fuji X or EOS-M...)

Here are some further samples, taken on Sony A7...

And this is how the lens looks on Sony A7... with a VNEX

and another one adapted via VµFT on Olympus PEN - EP2...

If someone is interested in this converted lens... let me know. Price for a converted lens is 100 Euro + shipping to your country.

Attention: Its neccessary to have a VNEX or VµFT Focus-System for the use of that lens !!!

If you havent got a VNEX, i can offer a Meopta lens specialized Version of the VNEX, which will fit only to this Meopta lens and coming without any tools like the connectors, distance tube etc.. and is only useable with this lens (higher register distance) for NEX and A7 cams.

The price for such a combination (lens and specialized VNEX for this Meopta) would be 150 Euro + Shipping to your country.

Kindly Regards

Henry

How did I miss this adapter update? I've been trying to figure out a simple adapter for my 70/1.4, this looks much easier than anything I came up with, I've also been debating to get a VNEX for my enlargers, I think this is the tipping point for my, still have any VNEX + adapters for sale? I suppose I should send a pm.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see on ebay some Hyper Meostigmat lenses with no focal length marked on them.
Does anybody know what they are?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tedat wrote:
here a few from a friend..

and a few more:

here are more and in bigger size:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pintzul/sets/72157642347824205/

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sehr schön Jan!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

credits go to Gerhard who hastn't a account here at mflenses but asked if I would like to share them

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
Photos are amazing. One of the best projection lenses imho - one could name it Cyclop's little sister Wink . Thanks for sharing.

This statement i have heard often... so enough reason to research, if it is wrong or right...

So i decided to make some comparison shots between Carl Zeiss Biotar 1.5/75mm and the Meostigmat on the Sony A7 with VNEX System for focussing the modified lens.

The lens signature is nearly the same !!!

Differences are in infinty position... but thats no wonder, since the Meostigmat is normally only designed for 16mm Image circle and after my modification for the use on Fullframe cams.

The CZJ Biotar driven fully open at f1.5 is sharp only in center area... the Meostigmat performed nearly the same way with soft edges... Very Happy
#1 = Biotar

#2 = Meostigmat

Enough similaritis to have a look at the lens scheme...

This is the CZJ BIOTAR 1.5/75mm schematic

and this is how the lenses and group of lenses take place in the Meopta Meostigmat 1.4/70mm

very similar isnt it?

a convex/plan single element, followed by a cemented group of two convex|plan|plan|concav elements and on right side of the symmetrical part followed by a cemented group of concav/concav|convex/convex elements and a convex/convex single element...

(| - (||( - - )(() - ()

So thats the reason, why the Meostigmat 1.4/70mm reminds me all the time to the BIOTAR Signature... answer is easy, they share the same lens schematic

And User "Pancolart" is right... since the Helios 40-is the russian clone of the Biotar, as far as i know.

So name the Meostigmat "poor mans Biotar" Very Happy

For those of you who are interested in more informations about the conversion for Canon EF mount (0.5m to infinity) please use google translate and visit this site (german language)...

http://www.digicamclub.de/showthread.php?t=16803

The price for a already converted Meostigmat for Nikon, Canon or any other DSLR would be 235 Euro incl. a complete focussing helicoid (new aid developed since 9-15-2014 !!!)

As you can see, after my modification you can use the "Biotar-Clone" on any DSLR or Evil cam !!! Same Bokeh as with CZJ Biotar 1.5/75mm... Very Happy
Very simple, because you can simply change the bayonett mount of the 52,5 mm helicoid for this Meostigmat by a 52mm reverse ring to your cam mount

There are also other modified versions for my enlarger lens System "VNEX" with a special mount for this M39 focussing enlarger lens system, showing in the next posting of User "Wolfhansen".

Last edited by hinnerker on Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:04 am; edited 12 times in total

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last weekend i try to shot a concert of
irish elvis presley impersonator James Brown aka THE KING, who
really rock the house at the Piano in Dortmund.
Brown had his big time in 1998 with his album Gravelands,
covering rock songs from ac/dc to red hot chili peppers in elvis style.
Little bit difficult to focus, but i think the Meostigmat and the VNEX-System
did a great job.

Last edited by wolfhansen on Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hinnerker wrote:
Enough similaritis to have a look at the lens scheme...

This is the CZJ BIOTAR 1.5/75mm schematic

and this is how the lenses and group of lenses take place in the Meopta Meostigmat 1.4/70mm

very similar isnt it?

a convex/plan single element, followed by a cemented group of two convex|plan|plan|concav elements and on right side of the symmetrical part followed by a cemented group of concav/concav|convex/convex elements and a convex/convex single element...

(| - (||( - - )(() - ()

So thats the reason, why the Meostigmat 1.4/70mm reminds me all the time to the BIOTAR Signature... answer is easy, they share the same lens schematic

And User "Pancolart" is right... since the Helios 40-is the russian clone of the Biotar, as far as i know.

So name the Meostigmat "poor mans Biotar" Very Happy

Cheers
Henry

Splendid discovery! This is serious glass. I was speculating only but now it's a fact. Considering speed F1.4 and missing aperture the naming: "Cyclop's little sister (Meopta) or brother (Meostigmat)" could still make sense Smile.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Fujinon-TV 1.8/75 is also a Biotar clone.