Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meopta Meostigmat 1.4/70 on FF and NEX via VNEX
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
hinnerker wrote:
Pancolart wrote:
BTW Meostigmat 1.4/70 has baffle (aperture) by default. If bottom protection removed, rear element system is 39.7mm wide! IMHO at lest F1.2 optical design.
The removing isn't easy though since one part is holding all rear elements.

No, entry pupil is still equal to 50mm... what means 70mm divided with entry pupil of 50mm (front lens diameter!)= f1.4, regardles of the rear lens diameter ! It doesnt play a rule in terms of luminosity

You can verify this if you have a look through the front lens of both types... first in original state and comparative to a converted and shortend Canon Version i did.

You will see, that the inner diameter is equal on both Meostigmats...

The modificated Meostigmat on the Canon Version is openend from original baffle diameter of 34.20mm to 37.20mm... and the entry pupil is still the same... !

Cheers
Henry

Thank you for explanation. But the image circle is slightly bigger if baffle removed (no vignette on Fullframe)?

Yes, of course. Thats why i did this modification. I do use this "Biotar" - type lens on Canon 5D MKII, Sony A7 FF und other FF cams as well.

As you can see, after my modification the baffle is completely gone and also the rear lens part of the tube was machined down to a diameter, which will allow to intrude into the 52mm reverse rings, i do use for the different cams on my 52.5mm Velvet Helicoid

The reason for this new shape of lens housing is the possibility to intrude into the cam mounts, which have different diameters.

For my "velvet helicoid" with interchangeable cam mounts i did choose the smallest possible diameter.

This is the lens "intrusion" into the adapter plate...

And this shows how the 18pitch thread will work with the velvet stripes adhesives...

For those of the readers who are interested in a cheap Biotar alternativ on a FF DSLR a very usefull and cheap way to get the "Biotar" signature...

Cheers
Henry

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested in such a "velvet" solution. How much do you charge for one with lens Henry?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
I'm interested in such a "velvet" solution. How much do you charge for one with lens Henry?

A "short" Meostigmat 1.4/70mm lens including the Velvet-Helicoid with the prefered mount is priced at 235 Euro + Shipping
The advantage with such a "short" Meostigmat 1.4/70mm is the possibility to use the lens in association with an aperture adapter like this...
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Objektive-Adapter-fur-Canon-EF-an-Micro-M-4-3-E-P3-E-P2-GF2-G3-Mit-Blende-DC176-/331290136809?pt=DE_Foto_Camcorder_Objetivanschl%C3%BCsse_Adapter&hash=item4d226e50e9

Therefore its necessary to prepair the velvet helicoid-tube with a 52mm to Canon EOS macro reverse ring (filterthread) instead of using a 52mm to µFT reverse ring which you would normally use on your µFT cam, Klaus.

This aperture adapter will work with the modified Meostigmat 1.4/70mm also on APS-C cams. For fullframe cams this will not work with an aperture adapter because aperture will causing heavy vignetting the exit pupil.

But for APS-C and µFT this will work fine on my NEX 7 and Olympus EP1 µFT.

On µFT cams you can use also the other Meostigmat lenses like 1.3/35mm / 1/50mm / 1/70mm after a small modification on the barrel.

If you are interested in a complete package of this other lenses, let me know via PM.

Cheers
Henry

Last edited by hinnerker on Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I had receive the lens from Malaysia!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jailbreakdream wrote:
Hi, I had receive the lens from Malaysia!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great ! Nice to see you here!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Attila, is you!!!!! let post more on fb group!!! nice to see u.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My rush trial when return from work

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my few shot with this lenses

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great... whow.

Phantastic shots... !!!

regards
Henry

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks to your lens Henry

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another shot by Meopta Meostigmat 70/1.4

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hinnerker wrote:
Hari wrote:
Awesome! Great pictures! If you ever want to sell it, do let me know

Hi Hari,

of course... because a lot of people did ask for such a lens conversion, i did realize this conversion with a lot of 10 Meoptas 1.4/70mm... ( only 5 pcs. are left from 10 pieces)

For this 10 pcs. i decided to produce a special part for the Meoptas to bring this lens to a VNEX/VµFT System...

This part was made on a CNC lathe and do have a 42mm male threat for use on M42 Adapters, a female thread of M39 for the use on VNEX and VµFT

For those of you who dont know the VNEX oder VµFT System... here are two links with further informations about it.

http://forum.mflenses.com/the-vnex-system-t54300.html

http://forum.mflenses.com/the-vft-system-vnex-system-adapted-for-micro-4-3-format-t64514.html

With this part and shorten the lens body to the correkt dimension, its possible to use the Meopta on Sony NEX and Sony E-Mount of the newly introduced A7 cam.

To have accurate focus from infinty to a close up distance of about 35-40mm its the best to use an VNEX oder VµFT System..

from left to right the abilitys are shown...

1. Canon EOS M42 adaptor
2. connected via VNEX to (NEX and Sony A7 cams)
3. connected via VµFT for µFT-Systems (or Fuji X or EOS-M...)

Here are some further samples, taken on Sony A7...

And this is how the lens looks on Sony A7... with a VNEX KB V1.0

Via VNEX KB or VNEX uni the converted Meostigmat lens will work from infinity to closeup.

If someone is interested in this converted lens... let me know. Price for a converted lens is 100 Euro + shipping to your country.

Attention: Its neccessary to have a VNEX or VµFT Focus-System for the use of that lens !!!

If you havent got a VNEX, i can offer a Meopta lens specialized Version of the VNEX, which will fit only to this Meopta lens and coming without any tools like the connectors, distance tube etc.. and is only useable with this lens (higher register distance) for NEX and A7 cams.

The price for such a combination (lens and specialized VNEX for this Meopta) would be xxx Euro + Shipping to your country.
(The shown version with the VNEX helicoid is no longer available)
But there is a new one with my velvet helicoid... read the thread complete, some pages later you will find the newer solution for all cams!

Kindly Regards

Henry

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! nIce work. I want one for Canon. Where and how i can get?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adisx wrote:
Wow! nIce work. I want one for Canon. Where and how i can get?

PM hinnerker, he makes + sells those.

(don't quote old stuff please...)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, if somebody wants to sell this meopta, please pm me

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this has been posted before
http://www.mike-lee.org/scripts/camera/view.htm?id=1266

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:20 pm    Post subject: lens question Reply with quote

this lens looks like it would work good as a macro lens. has anyone ever tried photographing. a nickel or silver coin. if someone could do that and post the pictures. if the results was good. i would be interested in one of these lens setups. thank you very much. this lens performs very well.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:28 pm    Post subject: Re: lens question Reply with quote

rockycarter wrote:
this lens looks like it would work good as a macro lens. has anyone ever tried photographing. a nickel or silver coin. if someone could do that and post the pictures. if the results was good. i would be interested in one of these lens setups. thank you very much. this lens performs very well.

Ir is by far not optimized for that, save your money!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject: Re: Meopta Meostigmat 1.4/70 on FF and NEX via VNEX Reply with quote

hinnerker wrote:
Produced by MEOPTA, a czech optical manufacturer, the Meostigmat 1.4/70mm is an impressiv projection lens with a 6/4 optical scheme.

Like all the projection lenses i know, the Meostigmat doesnt have an aperture. The lens tube is made of aluminium... and did work in a Meopta Club16 cine projector.

Here is the lens, a friend of mine introduced in my forum..

He did use the original holder from the projector to bring the lens to the 5D MKII.

The main Problem for using a projector lens is everytime the mechanical compatibility and to get a fine possibility to focus such a lens.

So i did my own solution for the Sony NEX and new Sony A7's..

But first thing to decide, if it makes sense to bring such a projector lens to a FF or NEX cam? So everything starts with its image quality.. so i will show first some of the pictures taken with that lens..

So i think, this lens is worth doing a lot of work for a solution to bring it to a modern cam..

As seen in first picture, the lens holder from the projector was simply used and connected with a M42 to EF adaptor. Focussing only between 1-3 meters by footstepping.. or push /pull the lens in his holder.

So i decided to change some things to make better focus work .. now it works from infinity to close up on Sony NEX and Sony A7's Very Happy

Ok, some more 5D MKII pictures with that Meostigmat..

a bit off "swirly bokeh" Very Happy

beautiful cateyes..

Now some last pictures on Sony NEX 7..

Cheers
Henry

Hello!
I want to buy an original meopta adapter with canon mount.
Can you help me?
Thank you.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Meopta Meostigmat 1.4/70 on FF and NEX via VNEX Reply with quote

szanszan wrote:

Hello!
I want to buy an original meopta adapter with canon mount.
Can you help me?
Thank you.

Welcome here! I'm sure you'll get answers soon!

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there!
I may be interested in this lens with the Canon EF mount...
Is it still possible?
Thanx in advance

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy...
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Meopta-Meostigmat-70mm-f1-4-Projection-lens-GFX-adapter-for-Fuji-50R-Fujifilm/164784196481