Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Medium Format Images - Olympic Mountains
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry

Mind blowing pictures. I have had the Vega 120 in the radar for a little while now, and it seems I shall have to add the 90 as well. This new passion is just too much.

I admire your enthusiasm for collaboration - I think it is a wonderful way to pool expertise. Thanks to the dreaded tempter Orio, I shall now investigate Photo retouche. Very Happy Very Happy

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
Larry

Mind blowing pictures. I have had the Vega 120 in the radar for a little while now, and it seems I shall have to add the 90 as well. This new passion is just too much.

I admire your enthusiasm for collaboration - I think it is a wonderful way to pool expertise. Thanks to the dreaded tempter Orio, I shall now investigate Photo retouche. Very Happy Very Happy

patrickh

I picked up the 120 a couple years ago for a low price because of VERY minor fungus. I sent it to a gentleman in New York who was from Siberia area, and he cleaned it beautifully, including the start of the fungus in the inner barrel of the lens. No signs of it coming back.

The lens is satisfyingly heavy and robust. In fact, when I unpacked the lens for the first time, I smiled at the "heaviness". The coatings are beautiful. I think it's worth giving it a try, Patrick.

It's supposed to be a decent portrait lens at the (35mm) equivalent of about 73mm; however, I like it for its nice tonality on infinity landscape shots.
YES, Patrick! Collaboration is the way to go! I LOVE to see others' rendering on images that I've taken. THAT is what it's all about, and the way I can learn and hopefully eventually get more out of the particular lens. I've seen too many people get all bent up about someone "working" their images...heck, it's a FORUM...we all should gain from each other.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard_D wrote:
Wonderful shots!

Hmmm I'm not sure I'm going to be able to resist giving medium format a proper go for much longer.

x2

These pictures are going to cost me Evil or Very Mad Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lahnet wrote:
Richard_D wrote:
Wonderful shots!

Hmmm I'm not sure I'm going to be able to resist giving medium format a proper go for much longer.

x2

These pictures are going to cost me Evil or Very Mad Wink

Haha lahnet! However, the basic equipment is cheaper than many lenses! I think a Yashica Mat goes for about $100-$150 these days.

A Pentax 645 or 67II body between $250-$550 these days.

Pentacon lenses and adapter can be had pretty cheap if you are patient.