Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

MC Rubinar 300mm F4.5 Macro on A7IV
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:43 am    Post subject: MC Rubinar 300mm F4.5 Macro on A7IV Reply with quote

The combo: Rubinar 300 + LM-EA9 + A7IV. IBIS and AF really helps to get sharp photos.

As the photos are taken on a haze day, I add a bit of texture and vibrance in lightroom. The dark corners are caused by M mount adapter which will not appear with a normal M42 to Nex adapter.

Click to enlarge the photos:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1 Happe to also have that lens! Wink

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:13 am    Post subject: Re: MC Rubinar 300mm F4.5 Macro on A7IV Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
The combo: Rubinar 300 + LM-EA9 + A7IV. IBIS and AF really helps to get sharp photos.

Expect an appeal that I am about to file with the organizing committee, to consider whether the addition of devices that enable autofocus can be construed as doping, in a sport that is concerned exclusively with manual focus lenses Laugh 1

Excellent pics, anyway!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: MC Rubinar 300mm F4.5 Macro on A7IV Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:

Yeah! Wish we will have a 250/5.6 someday.

Ultrapix wrote:
calvin83 wrote:

Expect an appeal that I am about to file with the organizing committee, to consider whether the addition of devices that enable autofocus can be construed as doping, in a sport that is concerned exclusively with manual focus lenses Laugh 1

Excellent pics, anyway!

I would say it is auto-assisted manual focus. Wink

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mirror lenses are especially helped by AF adapters.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 small

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:
Mirror lenses are especially helped by AF adapters.

YES! Especially the one with relative short focus throw.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:10 am    Post subject: Re: MC Rubinar 300mm F4.5 Macro on A7IV Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
kds315* wrote:

Ultrapix wrote:
calvin83 wrote:

Excellent pics, anyway!

Manual focus close then enable auto adapter to fine tune. Adapter only has 4.5mm travel; not enough to cover entire focus range for 500mm lens. Smile

If AF adapter disqualifies MF designation, might as well include focus-peaking, etc & other camera features, including metering. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:49 am    Post subject: Re: MC Rubinar 300mm F4.5 Macro on A7IV Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
calvin83 wrote:
kds315* wrote:

Ultrapix wrote:
calvin83 wrote:

Excellent pics, anyway!

Manual focus close then enable auto adapter to fine tune. Adapter only has 4.5mm travel; not enough to cover entire focus range for 500mm lens. Smile

If AF adapter disqualifies MF designation, might as well include focus-peaking, etc & other camera features, including metering. Smile

Just kidding! Not agree with metering, by the way, many manual focus lenses were alive in an era when cameras had sophisticated exposure devices.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice pics!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: MC Rubinar 300mm F4.5 Macro on A7IV Reply with quote

I like the last doughnut-bokeh-only shot!! Like 1 small Like 1 small

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friends Thank You Dog Thank you!