Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Maybe the worst lens of the world Hanimex Hanimar 28mm 1:2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of little bits of money can be spent acquiring cheap lenses when just a little more can get you a very good lens.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This 28/2.8 is a first lens manufactured by Samyang at the end of 1970s.
It's always bad and any who try to use it "considered a defect", like with other early Samyang lenses(35/2.8, 135/2.Cool.
This lenses selled under over the 9000 "garbage" trademarks like "Eagle", "Underground" etc etc, also as "Rokinon", "Hanimex", "Sears" and "Revuenon".

Other worst lenses manufactured by Samyang:

"Chinon" 35/2.8 (ordered by Chinon USA)

Real japanese Chinon 35/2.8, see "Japan" on the nameplate ring:

Other 28/2.8(late model)

35/2.8

And worser 135/2.8 ever produced:

[img][/img]

Briefly: if you see on the old lens "Made in Korea" - throw it away. Samyang start to manufacture good lenses at 2009 with 85/1.4, any earlier is crap.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It always amazes me when you pick up a mint lens made in the 70's/80s and get bad results, e.g. Osawa 28mm /f2.8 as the formula for the lens elements were well known.....so it's either crap glass used or the elements were badly made or incorrect assembly in the factory or combo of all. In mass production you'd think they would get it right and any 28mm lens should be at least decent.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nukemall wrote:
This 28/2.8 is a first lens manufactured by Samyang at the end of 1970s.

Valuable info, thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only Korean made old lens that is any good is the common 2.8/135, lots of people have had good copies, myself included. The 28s and 35s are very common and crap.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nukemall wrote:
Briefly: if you see on the old lens "Made in Korea" - throw it away. Samyang start to manufacture good lenses at 2009 with 85/1.4, any earlier is crap.

Erwin Puts likes to say that "to get a good idea of how a lens performs we need to take at least 500 pictures."
Well, 5 pictures are enough for some lenses. Mr. Green

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gerald wrote:
nukemall wrote:

Erwin Puts likes to say that "to get a good idea of how a lens performs we need to take at least 500 pictures."
Well, 5 pictures are enough for some lenses. Mr. Green

Puts was talking about high-end lenses so your comment is unwarranted in this case.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a hanimex 135 with a "lot" of other camera junk I was interested in. The mount (exakta) was bent and it rattled when I picked it up.so I thought I'll dismantle it to see what is inside. Pure crap. PVC tubes, slot in inner tube as helical. plastic everything except for a few (very damn few) screws. My guess is the weight of the lens bent the mounting plate. Amazingly shoddy. The Yashica DSB 50 1.9 on the broken ML 1000 though? Very nice indeed.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your Minolta/Nikon adapter has got a lens in it. That reduces image quality somewhat at full aperture, making an already bad lens worse. I use a silmilar adapter but I use Rokkors on my D3200, 2 stops down they are fine but yours....