Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Maybe I've got the Olympic Jupiter, too
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Maybe I've got the Olympic Jupiter, too Reply with quote

Well, judging by the photograph, it really looks like an Olympic box, although of beige color (it is usually black):

Click here to see on Ebay

If it isn't.... well, for that price, I couldn't go wrong anyway,
I didn't want to ask the question before bidding.... I could have raised the interest and the price if the seller made it public.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it looks like Olympic edition. Good price.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a bargain, Orio! Congratulations!

Carsten

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big deal, Orio! Always in touch!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seymore wrote:
Good snag Orio! Even got a hood with your copy. Keep us posted with your thoughts on the copy. Want to sell me that hood? (o:

Oh sorry Chris. I'll keep the hood, because so far, 4 J-37s and only one hood. Sad

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Olympic has a grey box Orio. For storage, the hood screws onto the filter thread in reverse (i.e the hood slides over the lens) and the lens cap fits over the hood.

edit:

PS: If you're interested, I think I have your leather strap here - mine came with two!

Last edited by peterqd on Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
My Olympic has a grey box Orio. For storage, the hood screws onto the filter thread in reverse (i.e the hood slides over the lens) and the lens cap fits over the hood.

Thanks Peter. Then it's exactly like my Jupiter-11A.
Strangely, the one Jupiter-37 I have with hood, has a different type of hood, it can not be reverse-mounted and the lens cap fits on the lens directly.
The hood is original, of this I am sure, because the metal has the same finish as the barrel, and it's decidedly an uncommon and unmistakeable one.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seymore wrote:

Rolling Eyes OK... Well, glad you were able to find this copy Orio. Looks like a good find.

Let's hope it arrives home. Second-to-last J-37 I bought (a 37A like th one I recently re-bought) never arrived, and I am about to start an Ebay dispute for it.