Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Maybe a stupid question!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:54 am    Post subject: Maybe a stupid question! Reply with quote

Hi guys, I am just in the throws of getting my darkroom back, trying to get it finished and everything in and up and running before and over Xmas, small but purpose built.
Here's the question, does the colour of the walls have any bearing on the safelight and I am presuming I need some sort of anti fungal paint, ie bathroom type?
99% of what I do will be black and white, cheers lads, any iinfo welcome.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the darkroom owners. I have just used white latex wall paint.

Phil

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Maybe a stupid question! Reply with quote

Mr G wrote:
Hi guys, I am just in the throws of getting my darkroom back, trying to get it finished and everything in and up and running before and over Xmas, small but purpose built.
Here's the question, does the colour of the walls have any bearing on the safelight and I am presuming I need some sort of anti fungal paint, ie bathroom type?
99% of what I do will be black and white, cheers lads, any iinfo welcome.

Most of the darkrooms I remember had plain white walls.
And yes a chalk-based anti-fungal paint might be useful.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, much appreciated.