Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

May I keep it ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:56 pm    Post subject: May I keep it ? Reply with quote

Hi,

Yesterday I've received a Soligor C/D 135 f2 lens in Minolta mount for fleaBay, the vendor has described it as "very good condition". Cost me 32 / 47 US$.

Once unpackaged, I have im hands a near mint lens, with nearly perfect focus ring slide and aperture clicks; indeed the lens is full of fungus, both outside and inside.

Even if the vendor is OK to refund me, I would like to know if it worth keeping it in order to trying a deep clean ...

What would you do ?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CLEAN IT!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

niblue wrote:
From the little experience with my two of these I'd say it's a lens worth having if you can clean it up - and if, in this case, you can get it for free.

The refund if for returned product: I can't keep it for free :p

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

niblue wrote:
You could try negotiating a lower price for the lens.

If not then it's probably best to return it as the last one I purchase was only ?16 in decent condition.

I have asked for a partial refund.

That's my third in a row eBay problem with wrong description actually. The first product was fully refund, the second one halfly, then this one... Sad