Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Maximum image dimensions: 1024 pixels wide.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:44 pm    Post subject: Maximum image dimensions: 1024 pixels wide. Reply with quote

Just a reminder to everyone posting images that the maximum dimensions of any posted image should be 1024 pixels wide. Images larger than this must be posted in the Oversize Gallery or can be linked to externally using the url tags. Larger images posted in other forums may be downsized, moved or converted to a link at the Moderators' discretion.

This sizing was chosen after a poll so that everyone can see all of an image without having to scroll.

Thanks for your co-operation. Smile
Peter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it a PITA at first as I have to resize all my pics again but now I like it, pics still look fine and I totally get the point about it suiting most people on the scrolling point.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you use built in upload instead of link images from external source , genuine image will be copied and resized if bigger than 1024px and genuine image will be untouched reader able to get genuine one with a simple click on resized image.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
If you use built in upload instead of link images from external source , genuine image will be copied and resized if bigger than 1024px and genuine image will be untouched reader able to get genuine one with a simple click on resized image.

Hi attila, sorry for being thick, but i have been trying to get this effect for ages and cannot seem to achieve it. Can you step me through it?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you edit a picture use Upload picture button or drag and drop window from Firefox. Once images is uploaded and inserted (if you use button) it is done ready to use.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
When you edit a picture use Upload picture button or drag and drop window from Firefox. Once images is uploaded and inserted (if you use button) it is done ready to use.

Yeah, thats what I do. I use firefox and drag picture into right side box. But if the picture is too large I get an error whereas, if I reduce the size to something like 1024x768, it uploads fine. The actual text in the box I drop into tells me specifically not to drop anything more than 1024px wide Sad

What I want to be able to do is upload mega sized image, but have smaller (640 x 480) image show in message. When reader clicks on image in message it then takes them to bigger mega sized version.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martyn, what you can do is host the large image externally, somewhere like Flikr, upload the smaller image to the forum and then alter the URL in the link in your message (after the "url=") to your external large image.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
Martyn, what you can do is host the large image externally, somewhere like Flikr, upload the smaller image to the forum and then alter the URL in the link in your message (after the "url=") to your external large image.

Aha! I hadn't thought of altering the url of the uploaded image. That'll do what I want. Thanks (but what a pita!).

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AHA!

Finally twigged what Attila has been telling me! DOH!

If you DON'T drag and drop in firefox, but use the "Upload Picture" button instead, you can load a big image up to mflenses.com, but display it in a miniature size in the post. Only when it gets clicked on does the full size image display.

Example :-

Sorry for being thick Sad

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martyn_bannister wrote:
AHA!

Finally twigged what Attila has been telling me! DOH!

If you DON'T drag and drop in firefox, but use the "Upload Picture" button instead, you can load a big image up to mflenses.com, but display it in a miniature size in the post. Only when it gets clicked on does the full size image display.

Sorry for being thick Sad

it work, I can click for the big version Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martyn_bannister wrote:
AHA!

Finally twigged what Attila has been telling me! DOH!(

And I've finally twigged how you were dragging and dropping. I've never tried that! Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have faster Internet connection drag and drop works pretty well and very easy to use it. I did get success with larger size to up to 2560px wide. In batch usually I use small size 800px wide, very pleasant to drop 8-10 pictures together instead of use button 8-10X.

You should look editor windows until program finish image code to write into.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
If you have faster Internet connection drag and drop works pretty well and very easy to use it. I did get success with larger size to up to 2560px wide. In batch usually I use small size 800px wide, very pleasant to drop 8-10 pictures together instead of use button 8-10X.

You should look editor windows until program finish image code to write into.

Yes drag and drop is very convenient, but I cannot get it to accept large files. Maybe it is a file size (as in KB) issue rather than an image dimension (as in X x Y pixels) issue?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought I had proved something here.....
This image is 3000 x 3000 but is only 241KB. It uploaded fine with drag and drop.

This image is 2048 x 1364 but is 2,432KB. This one uploaded fine with drag and drop too Shocked

Even managed to upload one 4368 x 2912 and 4,989KB in size! I've deleted that though. Don;t want to stretch things too far!

Oh well, at least I know now Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did you do the star pic?

Also, is the orange on it from the glow of street lights?

As I live in the middle of nowhere I can climb a big hill at night and have total blackness for shooting star pics, been wanting to give it a go, would love to hear some tips.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OT - PM sent Smile