Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Martyn's Lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just spoke to Elaine at Sue ryder and she has found a gentleman that is prepared to take on the task of selling the collection for them. He is a disabled camera and lens enthusiast with the time and knowledge to do the job properly and therefore stand to make the best sale values.
I have to wrap and box the collection up for them to be collected by parcelforce and will do this over the weekend.

I will ask that there is a link to any sales so that we can all bid if we wish.

I am very happy with this outcome, it seems ideal, apparantly the man has a lot of time on his hands and is happy to give that time to getting the best for the charity plus I think he will probably enjoy the task.

If you have any thoughts on this please make them known as this will happen next week Smile

TFFT

Steve

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is good news.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is an excellent outcome. You've done a fine job and in this way Martyn's wishes will be carried out in a manner that should achieve exactly what he wanted.

I urge everyone to endorse this proposal.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great result, a lot of effort and a bit of patience has paid off. Well done. Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Steve.
Keep our fingers crossed. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very pleased to hear that this (more than) six month ordeal is finally coming to a close:)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that could work out fine.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anscochrome wrote:
I am very pleased to hear that this (more than) six month ordeal is finally coming to a close:)

Glad you are pleased sunshine, sorry it took so long but this is England, we don't care what it takes Cool

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:31 am    Post subject: Finally sorted Reply with quote

Bychance, so glad that it is finally sorted. Looking forward to these appearing for sale and well done on your perseverance.

Hopefully international buyers won't be left out in the cold and these will be listed for worldwide buying/shipping (doesn't effect me).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like the best way forward.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Just an update on this.
I still have the stuff but will try to get it off next week. No rush now apparantly, so its a question of priorities.

Steve.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Appoligies all for the delay. Martyns collection was dropped off to them monday this week. Reason for delay is my 5 year old grandson has been very ill since beggining of March and is just about to start Proton beam therapy in Oaklahoma USA, tommorow in fact.

All was 'as delivered to me' minus an m42 to fd converter that I swaped for two cameras and five lenses plus some old light meters.

As soon as the guy who is going to recondition and sell them gets them and sorts himself out I will ask that he joins here and keeps us up to date on the sales.

Steve.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for persisting with this disposal of Martyn's lenses, it's obviously been a difficult task.

I hope your grandson's treatment goes well.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Steve for all your hard work, it is very much appreciated!

My thoughts and prayers are with your grandson, I hope everything works out well.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bychance wrote:
Appoligies all for the delay. Martyns collection was dropped off to them monday this week. Reason for delay is my 5 year old grandson has been very ill since beggining of March and is just about to start Proton beam therapy in Oaklahoma USA, tommorow in fact.

All was 'as delivered to me' minus an m42 to fd converter that I swaped for two cameras and five lenses plus some old light meters.

As soon as the guy who is going to recondition and sell them gets them and sorts himself out I will ask that he joins here and keeps us up to date on the sales.

Steve.

Thanks for taking this task on, and best wishes to your family!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff.