Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Marek on a weirdo hunt mission: (Tele-)Cinor lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:55 am    Post subject: Marek on a weirdo hunt mission: (Tele-)Cinor lens Reply with quote

Hi, my itchy hands couldn't resist ebaying again. I ultimately found these approx. 75-145mm French lenses, usually expensive as hell (for price I'd never open my wallet for), probably a bit out of sight of collectors' radars, not mentioning photographers, and sometimes even mountable.

I mean things like this:

May you veterans drop here a line about if you have some knowhow about? (Either to any exact lens or to Cinor family as a whole.)

No, I don't imagine any purchase this time (maybe bargain purchase Very Happy) but you know, curiousity is curiousity. Never met such a lenses till this day.

Marek

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a SOM Berthiot Tele-Cinor 145/4.5. It looks like the mount is missing.

For your type of photography, projections lens without aperture should be a good choice as they can be found cheap occasionally.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261442730719?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few words of the lens in JohnBar's link.

Those kind of lenses are nice ones, but practically everyone is in need of CL(A). Focusing is too stiff and zooming bumpy or stiff. Professionally done it is out of bounds in many cases. You better be able to do that at home.
It is not too rare to run into a dog leg lens, which has been converted. The side mount has been removed and a new barrel attached, but the glass with the mirror element stays in the lens. The example in the pictures of the eBay ad has a case with an empty spot for the dog leg. Someone has done a polishing job for the barrel, but pictures tell that it has been neglected and dirty originally. There is a lot of questions to be asked before making a decision on this particular lens.
The C-mount limits the use of these. Only the smaller crop sensor bodies can handle them. And for telephoto there are many other options for those sensor sizes.
(There is a few stacked away waiting for my attention)