Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Manual focus lenses and fujifilm gfx 50r?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 1:25 am    Post subject: Manual focus lenses and fujifilm gfx 50r? Reply with quote

Have a nice collection of m39 and ltm lenses. I also have a zeiss ultron and a few other FF lenses that I love. I am blown away by the IQ of the fuji medium. I know I won't be sharp to the corners but I assume that I will still be wider than the lens of a FF. Coming off of an a7R2.

Am I crazy for having these thoughts?

I have seen one post here on the gfx and was very impressed.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went through a similar interest and started a list of documented lenses and their behaviour on GFX:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uxvvpxJ9QVFFyh0pW2rs9KBmUW9vlh-d-VnbcLDCTn8/edit#gid=0

DPreview found the image quality and detail resolution of GFX50 and Sony 7r4 to be very similar. I would still have preferred the ergonomics of the GFX, but since I already owned the 7r2, decided to stay with it.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am planning to buy a GFX50 in the future if when I have more time to use my manual lenses. I like square format. Wink

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://jonasraskphotography.com/2017/08/16/minolta-x-fujifilm/

very nice review, but with Minolta lenses.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the input. I may pick up a gfx 50r and give it a go.... On paper a lot of stuff like the zeiss ultron don't test out but in the real world they are special... So not sure that applies to sensors or not but I'd don't see many bad gfx pics... But again maybe its more the photographer and post.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a lot of MF manual lenses available to adapt as well. Pentax 67 range from very good to stellar. I've not tried but lenses from Mamiya Sekor, Bronica, Pentacon others that escape my memory should all be very good as they were designed for professional photographers.