Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Manual Film Cams... (many pictures!)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Manual Film Cams... (many pictures!) Reply with quote

Hi!

I have a sore throat and couldn't got to work today, so I used the chance to browse through my older photos and some of them I'd like to show you (together with the cam that I shot these pics with).

So, these are some of my cams...

Last edited by LucisPictor on Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my Adox Golf 63 (6x6):

And these are two example photos:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my EXA I

And here is a picture (with a Domiplan 2.8/50):

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next are three pics of this nice cam:

(Jupiter-12 2.8/35 P)

(Industar-61 L/D 2.8/53)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolta Hi-Matic F

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leica C2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikon EM (with Tokina SZ-X 4-5.3/28-105 SD)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikon L35 AF

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canon FTb QL (with Soligor C/D 3.5-4.5/28-105 MC)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ricoh KR-10x (with Rikenon 3.4-4.5/35-70)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks a paint! Very nice scene!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not finished yet, Attila! Wink

AGFA Super Silette (2)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zenit EM (with Tomioka 1.4/55)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zeiss Ikon Voigtländer Vitessa 500AE

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about that picture "overkill". I just felt I had to do that. Wink

I shoot mostly with Kodak BW400CN, Agfa APX 100, Jessops Diamond 200 or different slide films.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carsten, thanks for sharing!

We all should do the same...
Nice collection, I love both the cameras and the nice results.
Good work!
(And take care of your throat!!)

Best regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow what a collection; are you a octopus with all those cams
all nice shot, but the Ricoh one is indeed a paint

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, great series, Carsten! You certainly have a diverse collection of
film cameras including Leica!

@poilu, nice avatar!

Bill

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some interesting pics there - especially the Adox ones, funny how an old camera gives a historical feel to fresh pictures.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colors of some those pictures are amazing!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Lucis Pictor (or may I call you Carsten?). I am new here, and highly interested in my "return" to manual focus film photography.

I am particularly enamored of these wonderful comparitive images from your substantial collection of beauties!

While I realize that the web certainly cannot do justice to original images, I feel that there is at LEAST reasonable enough resolution and color gamut to get a "feel" for the cameras' lenses that you have displayed.

It is interesting how the colors seem to have different nuances from the lenses. But what is really interesting is that all of these are so incredibly sharp and beautiful in their own way.

Regarding the cameras themselves, I just sit here and gasp at the pleasure of seeing some of these classics! I am VERY close to 60 years old, so I can appreciate these very much.

For myself, I am only now plunging back into the world of M42, especially since I have some of that fine equipment in my closet! I am rebuilding the system slowly through KEH and the xBay, and starting to get a nice phalanx of different lenses built.

I was considering a "classic" camera body in M42 such as a Spotmatic or Fujica type body. However, since my old Revuenon 3003 is actually near-mint, and has mirror lock-up, and is a VERY adequate "box" for the lenses, I don't see why I shouldn't just stick with that for now.

I've been shooting digital for quite a while now, and before that I used auto-this and auto-that for years. But, I have always had a soft spot in my heart for the "basics".

With the old Revuenon, I can pretty much be "all manual", even to the point of the old Sunny 16 rules when I want to take on the fun challenge of shooting from the hip! In fact, the other day I went out with a roll of HP5 and my old Jupiter 9, f:2 85mm, and had a ball! The images were showing good exposure values for the most part, although I did "hiccup" a little in trying to "brain guess" the exposures for some high contrast subjects.

So anyway, back on subject Rolling Eyes

I appreciate the wonderful diorama of fine cameras you have shown, with the added pleasure of seeing some lens results characteristics as a bonus.

I hope to be a viable contributor to this nice-looking forum, and perhaps soon I'll get up enough bravado to post something!

Laurence

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your kind (and eloquent) words, Laurence.

Laurence wrote:
Hello Lucis Pictor (or may I call you Carsten?).

Of course! We feel like friends here, some kind of "brothers in spirit" (or if you like with all our gear "brothers in arms" Wink).

Laurence wrote:
I am new here, and highly interested in my "return" to manual focus film photography.

Welcome. I'm glad that another admirer of "classical" photography and manual equipment found his way to this forum. Smile

Laurence wrote:
I hope to be a viable contributor to this nice-looking forum, and perhaps soon I'll get up enough bravado to post something!

Please, don't hesitate, Laurence. I'm sure we all are eager to read about your thoughts...