Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mamiya ZE usage on Canon FD or Konica - any solution?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:01 pm    Post subject: Mamiya ZE usage on Canon FD or Konica - any solution? Reply with quote

The mamiya ZE I acquired doesn't fire up even with some improvised but tested electrical supply, plus when I tried to test the sensitivity dial it disintegrated ... probably i got a hastily reassembled camera good for parts. vendor quickly stated twice it was functioning when i told her hard facts she disappeared. Fortunately the 50mm 1.7 is in great shape and I plan to use it on another camera, given the 43mm flange focal distance of the mamiya I think my only options are konica (the shorter available) or canon FD.

Any suggestions on adapters? I think I haven't ever seen one that be capable of doing what I have said.

My friends adapter project it shall be only old lenses to modern digital, so I cannot harass my friends in order to get that special adapter for dinosaur era cameras that nobody will want to buy. they have a lot to work already and I have already asked them some other favours ....

I like the lens (and the camera viewfinder wasn't bad either) but I think I'm short of options (I got Canon FD and I'm expecting a konica as well)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure that the aperture mechanism work without the contacts of the mamiya body?

I don't know if it's true, but I have read that not work without the adecuate body.

I could buy it sometimes, but I afraid it does not work.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

papasito wrote:
Are you sure that the aperture mechanism work without the contacts of the mamiya body?

I don't know if it's true, but I have read that not work without the adecuate body.

I could buy it sometimes, but I afraid it does not work.

Maybe solvable, if not I can sell the lens. I have already modified a 50mm 1.8 pentacon with a damaged diaphragm mechanism, I really modified it by soldering and filing, I even built a connecting lever from scratch. I rarely have nothing to do but it may be a good pastime to customize old stuff.

I have got a 50mm 1.7 planar, a 50mm 1.8 pentacon, a 50mm 1.8 cosina (very good and I paid 5 euro for a mint copy) a 50mm f2 pentax (very good) an olympus af 50mm f 2 (very good as well despite reviews) the pentax costed me 30 euros (along with a p30 as new and a 24mm vivitar) and the olympus ten (all local pickups, sorry, no net involved).

At this point I can decide either to adapt it (got an idea about hacking a m42 to FD adapter) or let it as it is and sell it.

got so many lenses that are practically equal in sharpness (a tad more for the zeiss of course but it takes a good effort to see it in fine details) that I really do not need one more.

On the rear there is the usual lever that closes the iris, this is disconnected from the actual diaphragm dial, so it will be necessary to reconnect them in case I decided to manual-ize the lens