Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mamiya/Sekor = Yashinon (huh?)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have Yashinon macro 60mm lens that i've seen also branded mamiya sekor, so they probably had same manufacturer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, some of these 60mm macros are even marked "Tomioka", so in this case there is no doubt who made them.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Indeed, some of these 60mm macros are even marked "Tomioka", so in this case there is no doubt who made them.

i know, it's a case of cost effective production like in many cases where same manufacturer produced lenses for different camera makers

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice find Jon,
Shame about the price Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Nice find Jon,
Shame about the price Very Happy

True. But the seller describes this as a museum piece, and I'm taking him at his word. I'm treating this as an exhibit created to enhance our knowledge, rather than a legitimate commercial opportunity. Wink

In all seriousness, the CWP isn't a terribly common camera, and it's even less common in good working order. And if we're prepared to concede that this is an unusual, desirable lens, it might be possible to justify two-thirds of the asking price - for a Mamiya collector, anyway.

(Maybe.)

Cheers,

Jon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more item for collectors - Click here to see on Ebay
Look at a label ring and M/A switch - it is different than usual.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plastic is broken off the A-M switch. I have a Mamiya Sekor 55/1.4, the rear element is flat or nearly so. My Chinon 55/1.4 is same. Yashinon 50/1.4 has a noticeably curved rear surface.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

casualcollector wrote:
Plastic is broken off the A-M switch. I have a Mamiya Sekor 55/1.4, the rear element is flat or nearly so. My Chinon 55/1.4 is same. Yashinon 50/1.4 has a noticeably curved rear surface.

I know the plastic part of A/M switch is broken but I've meant its shape, more correctly a shape of the mount it sits on. Here is how it looks usually:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see. I'll look over my lenses for that detail.