Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mamiya Sekor SX 135/2.8 Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:48 am    Post subject: Mamiya Sekor SX 135/2.8 Opinions Reply with quote

Please Tell me some opinions I can buy it for 50 euro. Its on m42 but converted to Pentax K

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:56 am    Post subject: Re: Any opinion about Mamiya Sekor 135/2.8 Reply with quote

sqwall wrote:
Please Tell me some opinions I can buy it for 50 euro. Its on m42 but converted to Pentax K

To me 50Euro is too much for any lens in 135mm range, unless its russian bokeh master (I think pentacon)..
Why not try some other like Soligor 135/2.8 for $10-15...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have MC Jupter - 37A 135mm / 3.5 but my interest is, is the Mamya Secor quality better than Jupiter / Sonnar. The lens looks quite big but I never had any experience with Mamya lenses.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose quality is average good quality, I not expect better than your Jupiter. This is only guess from lens price.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"... unless its russian bokeh master (I think pentacon) ..."

Just for the protocol ... Pentacon is/was not Russian Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are different lens lines from Mamiya.
Some are very good - the others not that good.

I once had a M42-Mamiya 135mm-lens which was built in superb quality but optically couldn't compete with Pentax Takumar or Pentacon lenses.

BUT: In the great 1980-ColorFoto-test of nearly all 135mm-lenses there were 2 different Mamiyas - one in the top range.
Sadly I hadn't the better one....

So be sure which one it is.
I'm not sure about that but if I remember correctly the SX-line was the better one.

Smile Paul

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an influence on Mamya because the company is legend in the medium / large format. And I tough its 35 mm lenses are maybe the same great quality.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a photo

And I think its an SX

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finish exactly looks like an Olympus OM lens.Oh, I almost forgot to say , buy it, I am sure you able to make fantastic pictures with a crapy lens too, so don't need to worry about lens quality Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

€ 50,- is quite a lot for a M42-135mm-lens.
I even got my excellent Nikkor-QC 3.5/135 cheaper and you probably will also get the Jupiter-37 cheaper. Perhaps you can talk about the price...

I've got an M42 Mamiya lens, the 1.8/55 which is a very good lens, still it is not the best 50mm-lens I have - my Pentax 1.7/50 and my Tomioka 1.4/55 are better and my Rikenon 1.7/50 is about as good as the Mamiya.
The Mamiya 1.8/55, however, is a very nice lens!

You, unfortunately, cannot compare the M42-Mamiya lenses with their medium format glass.

@Paul: Do you think you could take a photo of the 1980 test and send it to me? That woul be great!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cobalt60 wrote:

O..oh... stuck in times.. Soviet became Russia.. and everything related, russian... Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why not try Nikon...
Click here to see on Ebay
It ended very low...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ballu wrote:
Cobalt60 wrote:

O..oh... stuck in times.. Soviet became Russia.. and everything related, russian... Wink

Apart from Pentacon which was East German. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as you can see on the front barrel-it's a SX!
Definitly not the same that I had but a bit more modern design.

As for the lens test:
It has been in 4 different magazines each on many pages - so that would be a lot.They made real life photos in those days and printed them for comparisons - beside the lab tests.

Perhaps this weekend I'll see what I can do.

Smile Paul

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh! Maybe you can leave the testshots out and just take pictures from the texts and the final verdicts?