Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mamiya Sekor M42 woes :(
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Mamiya Sekor M42 woes :( Reply with quote

I have three M42 lenses a teleconverter, extension tubes and an adapter to go with my nex 5R and love the fact I can use them so easily, unfortunately though my favourite lens, Auto Mamiya Sekor 55mm f1.8 doesn't seam to fit the adapter very well which does not allow me to focus at any great distance at all with it. I'm aware theres a problem with the SX version of this lens, this is not the SX version.

heres some pictures to show what I mean

Heres the Helios 44m sits flush and focuses great

Heres my Super Takumar 135 also sitting flush and great focus aswell

now heres the Mamiya, theres a very clear gap between the lens and adapter its screwed in as far as I dare force it!(theres plenty of thread to screw into) but it won't go in far enough to achieve infinity focus

Here's some more shots sorry for the poor quality, used my phone

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a look here he explains why
http://blog.bkspicture.com/review_Mamiya-Sekor_SX_55mm_f1.8_M42.html
Has a little extra pin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

May thanks! although this is not the sx version the pin moves freely here its not a problem with this model, this makes it very difficult to troubleshoot as the web is awash with people talking about the sx version and not mine Sad

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fixed it! ordered another adapter and it fits that one fine! I highly recommend the FOTGA adapters I have three now all very good quality Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caledonia84 wrote:
fixed it! ordered another adapter and it fits that one fine! I highly recommend the FOTGA adapters I have three now all very good quality Very Happy

Thanks for the useful information! Smile