Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mamiya-Sekor EF 1:1.4 f=50mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:40 pm    Post subject: Mamiya-Sekor EF 1:1.4 f=50mm Reply with quote

I found this lens at a good price .The problem is that the Mamyia bayonett ,for the ZE cameras has a register thet I don't know and I didn't see any adaptor .What do you think ?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I'm aware, it's not adaptable to your Canon. I'd look for either an M42 version or go for a Nikon, Takumar, Olympus, Yashica or Contax lens.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Mamiya-Sekor EF 1:1.4 f=50mm Reply with quote

yinyangbt wrote:
I found this lens at a good price .The problem is that the Mamyia bayonett ,for the ZE cameras has a register thet I don't know and I didn't see any adaptor .What do you think ?

It should be 45.5 mm

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, EF does not fit to EOS. I have one 50mm f1,7, which I have adapted to EOS by brutal force.

Good lens though.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZeiEizh wrote:
Yes, EF does not fit to EOS. I have one 50mm f1,7, which I have adapted to EOS by brutal force.

Good lens though.

A 2 Kg hammer is enough ? Laughing I am tempted to try adapting one .

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, not hammer, but drill and blowtorch...

You can do it from EOS bodycap.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZeiEizh wrote:
Well, not hammer, but drill and blowtorch...

You can do it from EOS bodycap.

any pictures with it on the camera ?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, sorry. It's not beautiful and it's not reversable.

I cut the band of bayonet from bodycap away and srewed Mamiyas back plate also off. Then adjusted the flange and glued it firmly.

I can send you a PM tomorrow. Then I have a picture of it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:01 am    Post subject: Help needed Reply with quote

Hi ZeiEizh,

I have Mamiya Z bayonet mount (Mamiya-Sekor E 50mm/f1.4) lens. Is there any way to use this lens on Canon EOS Body.

Please guide me to get this done.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Senthilkumar

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: Help needed Reply with quote

Senthilkumar D wrote:
Hi ZeiEizh,

I have Mamiya Z bayonet mount (Mamiya-Sekor E 50mm/f1.4) lens. Is there any way to use this lens on Canon EOS Body.

Please guide me to get this done.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Senthilkumar

I will let ZeiEizh respond when able but thought that I would just make an observation on the Mamiya Z lenses.
Beautiful lenses with wonderful results like most Mamiya Sekors.
If I recall correctly the aperture in these lenses is electronically controlled from the camera body and has no stopped down function that can be achieved manually.
I think that this makes them problematic in adapting them to digital SLR's etc.
I don't think that there are adapters available that allow aperture control on these lenses, but this information could be out of date.
OH

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is how I did it (changing mount and creating link between aperture ring and aperture mechanism): http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic.php?t=47942

Re adapters:
For mirrorless there is something: http://www.amazon.com/Fotodiox-Adapter-Olympus-Panasonic-Mirrorless/dp/B00AUKDU5W
For EOS it is close to impossible: you have to squeeze somehow bayonet mount and aperture link in 1.54 mm (maybe a little more).

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many Thanks for your information, Oldhand and pavko.

@ Pavko:

Your explanation is perfect. It would be great and very helpful, if you explain more elaborately (like DIY).

Thanks in advance. Smile