Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mamiya / Sekor Auto 55mm f1.8 Lens - M42 screw fit
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally filed down the ridge and got some shots. Still need to fix the aperture pin.

Grass and green by The lens profile, on Flickr

I think it is probably a bit more glowy than the 50mm F2 and Bokeh is even smoother.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently got an SX 55mm. Worked great with no modification on my Bokkeh m42 adapter. I recommend this type of adapter instead of modifying lenses. It also fits Fujinon lenses without the need to modify them.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It won't on my Pentax K-1 the m42-to-PK adapter sits flush with the mount. The damage to the lens is only aesthetic, and not visible when mounted. (Contrary to Fujinon lenses which loose the ability to meter with wide open aperture when anything other than wide open is selected).

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see. That's probably the only choice then.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

papasito wrote:
walter g
The chrome nose is a 6/4 formula lens, as you can see in the old Mamiya advertising of TL lenses.

papasito wrote:
Mamiya M42 55/1,8, AFAIK are

1 TL versión (chrome nose), With series number at the front ring, 6 elements in 4 groups; Two sub versions, Two different DOF scales With and w/o AM .

2 DTL version. All black, With and w/o AM Stitch, With and w/o series number in the front ring, Some people salid that the scheme is 6/4 but I only saw 6/5 scheme copies

3 SX The lens always say SX in the front ring, 6/5 scheme.

I have a chrome nose (TL?) and a black (DTL?) Sekor 1.8/55mm. Interestingly, and unlike you propose, my chrome nose clearly has three front elements (six reflections in front of the aperture),
while my black one has only five reflexions in front of the aperture. This means my chrome nose 1.8/55mm is [6/5], and my black 1.8/55mm is [6/4]:

Stephan