Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mamiya-Sekor 80mm f1.9 N
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:39 pm    Post subject: Mamiya-Sekor 80mm f1.9 N Reply with quote

Finally got my fotodiox pro m645 to nikon adaptor through today so had some fun with it this afternoon using my 80mm f1.9 off the 1000S. Looks good enough to kerb my hankering for a replacement for my contax fit zeiss planar 85mm f1.4 for the time being. (this was a much cheaper solution than a nikkor or zeiss zf)
IMG_6863 by --Kei--, on Flickr

Full frame shots off my D800. Some strong longitudinal CA is noticeable below f4 around highlight edges, which is a little disappointing. Hexagonal bokeh from f4.
IMG_6853 by --Kei--, on Flickr

IMG_6844 by --Kei--, on Flickr

IMG_6821 by --Kei--, on Flickr

IMG_6855 by --Kei--, on Flickr

Last edited by Kei on Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:49 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a truly marvellous lens capable of wonderful results.
There have been some excellent images posted here on the forum in the past.
You will enjoy it on the Nikon I think.
Thanks for sharing
OH

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

superb pictures, that's a fine lens.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hot here today.
One of the kids - straight from the pool - complete with goggle marks around her eyes.
OH

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. Very nice shot there OH, that's the kind of photo I intend to use the lens for.

I will be testing out others as I have a few more mamiya lenses from my 645 kit. (35mm f3.5, 80mm f2.8, 150mm f2.8 and 210mm f4) I reckon that this 80mm is likely to be my favourite as I'm quite fond of the field of view from 85mm on 35mm film/FX digital. I really like using the mamiya lenses on my 1000s but the lack of a multi format film scanner precludes me from using shots taken with it for the time being.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took this lens out this evening to try out some quick tests to see how things look wide open. Seems to be remarkably good if correctly focused. No sign of coma Excuse the noise, I didn't take a tripod so they were shot at 12800 and 6400 respectively using my D810.

KMW_0292 by --Kei--, on Flickr

KMW_0287 by --Kei--, on Flickr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good start.
You will have many hours of enjoyment from this fine lens I am sure
OH

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been spending more time using this and the 150. Thoroughly enjoy both as they perform remarkably well, particularly with the long extension tube. Bokeh can be rather variable with the f1.9 but is usually quite smooth.

Used normally wide open:
KMW_9430 by Kyle, on Flickr

KMW_9427 by Kyle, on Flickr

KMW_9423 by Kyle, on Flickr

Used on extension tube No.3s:
KMW_9306 by Kyle, on Flickr

KMW_9286 by Kyle, on Flickr

Clematis by Kyle, on Flickr

Lily by Kyle, on Flickr

Clematis by Kyle, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing lens! Just the size and weight makes me thinking....

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are some amazing results. Looks like a great lens, and your composition and lighting do it justice. Thanks for the nice share.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing as there are others here who appreciate cars, I thought I'd add these as I used the 80 f1.9 whilst out with my local saab club. (same day and place as I took the Healey shot in the 150mm thread) Most of these shots are wide open or one stop down.

Saab 99 Turbo by Kyle, on Flickr

Saab 96 by Kyle, on Flickr

Saab 9-5 by Kyle, on Flickr

Dragon Saab @ Symonds Yat by Kyle, on Flickr

Saab Cap by Kyle, on Flickr

Saab 96 by Kyle, on Flickr

This is my 900. The silver bonnet is due to the original suffering from damage from debris on the motorway and going rusty from the resulting hole.
Saab 900 SE by Kyle, on Flickr

Last edited by Kei on Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pictures are as good as the cars, and I like the classic SAAB's.