Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mamiya Macro Sekor 60mm f2.8 - experiences?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TijmenDal wrote:
Oh, it's an amazing lens as far as I can tell!

But what am I looking at in terms of resale value?
The ones at 395 and 450$ seem a little steep, but it's an AMAZING piece of glass I'm sure.
I don't know if I can justify keeping it though, if resale value is that high. I would then rather sell it and get a 24mm (probably Olympus. I've been wanting that lens for at last a year now or 135mm SMC f/2.5 vII).

Oh well, I've only taken a couple shots with it so far, maybe I'll fall in love with it. Can't wait till my battery is recharged, ha!

I paid close to $200 for mine, and that was one of the cheaper I saw Wink

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i payed 295$ for mine, in november of 2009.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WolverineX wrote:

WOW!

I could sell it with 250-300$ profit... Not too bad. God that makes me happy!
First I'm going to have to play around with it some more though. Uploading my pictures from today right now. It even looked good on my crappy 5Dc screen. Can't wait to see what they look like on a big one! Smile

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TijmenDal wrote:
WolverineX wrote:

WOW!

First I'm going to have to play around with it some more though. Uploading my pictures from today right now. It even looked good on my crappy 5Dc screen. Can't wait to see what they look like on a big one! Smile

Go out and take pictures with it and I bet you will keep the lens. Yes, it's a great lens. The one with the Tomioka mentioned on the front goes for even more than that.

I have two copies, one in mint condition the other has few cosmetics issues but I would never sell them.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ducdao wrote:
TijmenDal wrote:
WolverineX wrote:

WOW!

Go out and take pictures with it and I bet you will keep the lens. Yes, it's a great lens. The one with the Tomioka mentioned on the front goes for even more than that.

I have two copies, one in mint condition the other has few cosmetics issues but I would never sell them.

You might be right. I'm pretty sure I'm in love with this lens. Renders like nothing I ever shot before. Or should I say: renders better than anything I've ever shot. Such a great lens.

Not too shabby, right? Flickr takes away a great deal of the quality, but you still see how awesome it is. As I'm writing this, my heart is just filling with joy and happiness. I'm in loooove

[42/365] - The last straw by TijmenDal

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1, I would also have kept this lens.

You can get a good 135mm f/2.8 for $10 instead of the 135mm SMC lens and you probably can't see much difference on the results, but you can't get a decent 1:1 macro for less than $2-300

And if 28mm is enough, there would be lots of choices for cheap or cheaper than a 24mm. Wink

Be careful, LBA is knocking on your door Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gave $150 for mine and a Bushnell 35mm f2.8 (Tokina made, same as the Vivitar) and Suntar 135mm f2.8 were included in the deal. I considered it a really good deal and wouldn't sell the Mamiya for even double what I paid.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
+1, I would also have kept this lens.

You can get a good 135mm f/2.8 for $10 instead of the 135mm SMC lens and you probably can't see much difference on the results, but you can't get a decent 1:1 macro for less than $2-300

And if 28mm is enough, there would be lots of choices for cheap or cheaper than a 24mm. Wink

Be careful, LBA is knocking on your door Laughing

I guess you're right, haha. I got a CZJ 135mm f/3.5 as my main 135mm, but I'd like the speed of the SMC. That's mostly it I think.
And I bought the Olympus 24mm yesterday. Finally! After looking for a decently priced one for a year, I finally found one (110$ for the MC version).

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking of buying one of those Mamiya 60mm macros too. Its not really a bargain bur reasonably priced.
from what i read here it's a decent macro lens - so let see if i will get it and i will report my findings Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought one some months ago (actually traded with some other lenses) and I'm really liking it, not only for macro use.